University of Utah Program Assistant in Sandy, Utah
Open Date 04/18/2018
Requisition Number PRN16975B
Job Title Program Assistant
Working Title Program Assistant
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 30
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am to 2:15 pm and Friday from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00173 - Continuing Ed & Comunty Engmnt
City Sandy, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $15.00
Open Until Filled Yes
The University of Utah – Sandy Center is looking for a savvy, outgoing person to fill a Program Assistant position. This is a three-quarter time, benefited position working Monday – Thursday from 8:00 am to 2:15 pm and Friday from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. This position will report to the University of Utah Sandy Center, 10011 Centennial Parkway. Suite 100, Sandy, UT 84070.
1. Assists with program planning and implementation.
2. Coordinates procedural matters regarding the day-to day operations of a program or project.
3. Maintains or oversees the maintenance of records, lists or files. Prepares related reports and may perform evaluation of program or project effectiveness.
4. Compiles, sorts, and organizes data for entry into a database, distributes program information, and conducts program research.
5. May monitor the progress of program participants, provide counseling, and administer examinations or tests.
6. Answers telephones and gives information to callers, takes messages, or transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
7. Responds to queries from and coordinates activities with other departments, the community, and program partners.
8. Greets visitors and communicates with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address complaints.
9. Cleans and sets up rooms for classes.
10. Creates and distributes program materials, forms, and general correspondence.
11. May track and report on current trends to determine future program needs.
12. May provide program specific training.
13. Other duties as assigned.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate’s degree in a related field, or equivalency, plus two years of related experience required; ability to use logic and reasoning to prioritize tasks; computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software, and/or database software preferred; demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Familiarity with the University of Utah’s academic processes preferred.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.