University of Utah Videographer/Content Producer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/23/2018
Requisition Number PRN08311N
Job Title UU Student - Other
Working Title Videographer/Content Producer
Job Grade SJ
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 20
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01886 - HS Internal Communications
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $10.00
Under general supervision of designated supervisor, engage with the Internal Communications team to primarily design, plan, execute and produce video and multi-media productions to promote/support educational, research, internal audiences and public relations. In addition, be involved with various Internal Communications activities such as the creation and distribution of internal content, and other team administrative duties.
1. Design video projects based on college/university priorities and intended for multiple audiences, both internal and external.
2. Ability to take a topic and shape the story. Condense it down to the most important points and create a simple less-than-one-minute videos.
3. Using video camera equipment and related media products/equipment, videotape program for production; make technical decisions related to lighting, placement, and audio content; write script.
4. Perform all post-production tasks, including such duties as video editing, music and/or effects selection, script revisions, title creation and design, and graphics.
4. Interface with multiple distribution platforms, such as college/university’s intranet and web site, social media, desktop, broadcast channels, and other electronic media.
5. Take previously produced videos and add closed-captioning to those videos.
6. Maintain, troubleshoot, and test video and/or other equipment as assigned.
7. Take still photographs and/or write promotional content to incorporate in social media, web, and/or news as needed.
8. Consult and advise staff members, faculty, and/or other clients regarding proposed video projects.
9. Organize and maintain compliance, licensing and warranty information as required.
10. Participate in institutional professional development and training.
11.Take part in administrative duties such as posting content to the intranet, tracking and responding to comments, distributing organizational email messages, etc.
12. Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
1. A general understanding of video production techniques and best practices
2. Familiarity with operating video and audio equipment
3. Novice or better knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro / Final Cut Pro
4. Writing skills
5. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects a plus
6. High ability for thorough communications
7. Ability to work on a team
8.Creative thinker with a willingness to think outside the box and try new approaches
9. Highly organized and detail oriented
10. Must be comfortable working with deadlines
11. Willingness to learn new project management systems
12. Maintain a neat and clean work area
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.