University of Utah Vehicle Operator 1 in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 08/03/2018
Requisition Number PRN08363N
Job Title Vehicle Operator 1
Working Title Vehicle Operator 1
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week up to 19 hours per week
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday- Friday; 10:00am-4:30pm depending on departmental needs.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00368 - General Stores
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 9.62 to 13.00
Operates light motor vehicles for delivery throughout the campus. Receive and process incoming freight for campus delivery.
1. Operates automobiles and light trucks, in order to haul, move, and deliver materials on, to, and from campus.
2. Maintains vehicles such as cars and light trucks, by seeing that they are serviced regularly and by personally correcting and repairing minor problems.
3. Performs physical labor related to moving and hauling.
4. May direct the work activities of part-time and newly hired laborers to insure that they understand and accomplish their respective job objectives.
6. May perform related duties as directed by the supervisor.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
A valid Utah’s Drivers License; the ability to move heavy objects; and positive customer service skills required. If the job responsibilities require the exclusive transportation of passengers, such as for the shuttle bus or VA van, a Commercial Driver’s License with a chauffeurs endorsement will be required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.