University of Utah UU Student - Admin/Clerical in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/18/2018
Requisition Number PRN08093N
Job Title UU Student - Admin/Clerical
Working Title UU Student - Admin/Clerical
Job Grade SJ
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 10-19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Time is spent in both professional office and studio environments. Regular office hours, as well as evening and some weekend hours available.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00033 - Executive Education
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $10/hour
Produce and edit video lectures and additional content for Online Programs in the Eccles School of Business. Work with a team to convert in-class education to an online learning experience.
- Point of contact for video recording. Responsibilities include studio set up, classroom recording, camera operation, live-editing management, and interaction withDESBfaculty.
- Edit faculty video lectures, abiding by the standards set forth by the Online Programs office.
- Report to supervisors for editing assignments.
- Complete video modules and editing tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Due to the growth of Online Programs in theDESB, additional opportunities may arise, such as assistance with in-class recordings, marketing material development, and quality control.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Experience with video editing software, preferably Adobe Premiere.
- Able to operate basic camera and microphone equipment.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, and Audition is a plus.
- We have a need for creative, proactive, and diverse team members with a wide scope of knowledge.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in animation is a plus.
- Applicants should demonstrate attention to detail, ability to follow direction and meet hard deadlines, and ability to work both independently and with others.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.