University of Utah Study Coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 03/08/2019
Requisition Number PRN19856B
Job Title PS Study Coordinator
Working Title Study Coordinator
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? Yes
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00225 - Rheumatology
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 31600 to 44999
Open Until Filled Yes
The Rheumatology Division at the University of Utah seeks a Study Coordinator to join our clinical research team and assist the Principal Investigator in achieving study integrity and objectives through the successful implementation and completion of clinical trial protocols and procedures.
1. Reviews protocol and inclusion/exclusion criteria, and screens and recruits eligible study participants; Monitors study enrollment goals and promotes enrollment and participant compliance.
2. Develops informed consent, source documents and screening materials.
3. Schedules and completes study visits; coordinates scheduling of protocol-required ancillary services.
4. Obtains informed consent.
5. Completes, audits and submits CRFs to sponsor.
6. Collects, processes and ships research samples.
7. Prepares, submits and maintainsIRB,FDA, and other essential documents.
8. Ensures compliance with study protocols; manages quality control.
9. Recognizes, tracks and reports adverse events and protocol deviations per Institutional and federal guidelines.
10. Acts as a liaison between study site and Sponsor.
11. Prepares for and coordinates Sponsor site visits.
12. Attends and participates in Investigator and staff meetings.
13. Ensures uTRAC and other University or departmental required tracking databases are maintained.
14. Performs additional clinical research functions and assists research team members as required.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalency required.IRBCITICourse in the Protection of Human Research subjects certificate obtained within six months of hire and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Some departments may requireIATADGRtraining within six months.
The preferred applicant will:
• Have a minimum of two years experience coordinating observational and interventional clinical research protocols at the University of Utah;
• Have knowledge ofEPIC, uTRAC,ERICA, Good Clinical Practices,IATADangerous Goods,FDA,HIPAAandIRBregulations;
• HaveIRBCITIcourse in the Protection of Human Research Subjects certificate;
• Possess excellent communication skills and function effectively independently and as part of a team.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with priorURSservice, may elect to enroll inURSif they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits fromURSare subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.