University of Utah Student Advertising Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/19/2021
Requisition Number PRN10873N
Job Title UU Student - Other
Working Title Student Advertising Sales Manager
Job Grade SJ
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15-20
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Schedule TBD depending on availability of student. Work must be accomplished during normal business hours, M-F. Occasional after hours events may be required.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00475 - Student Media Council
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $8/hr plus monthly commission and bonuses
Close Date 02/28/2021
Description: Student Media at the University of Utah seeks at least two students to become Student Advertising Managers for the department. These positions are responsible to help manage and oversee the sale of advertising of all Student Media platforms to ensure customer satisfaction and revenue growth of all platforms.
Student Media is the department of the University of Utah tasked with operating experiential learning opportunities for students in journalism, advertising, media, entertainment and other communication areas. Our platforms include: The Daily Utah Chronicle, K- UTE Radio, Wasatch magazine, thegeekwave.com, View from the U, and any other student run platforms supported by the department.
Advertising Managers are primarily sales positions. Specifically, this position will oversee the following advertising sales functions as detailed below: advertising orders, local and campus clients, new revenue generation, special product management.
The Advertising Managers report jointly to the Director of Student Media and to the Partnership Sales Manager for Auxilliary Business Services. Advertising Managers are also expected to maintain a close working relationship with platform managers and content leadership of all platforms.
Commitment: 15-20 hours per week
Wage: $8/hr with monthly commission and bonuses for meeting sales goals and targets, depending on experience and performance. Base salary reviewed semesterly.
Timeline: Applications will be reviewed as received. Student Media intends to fill this position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
1) Advertising Orders:
• Receive, enter, and track all advertising orders to fulfillment.
• Ensure advertising performs as ordered and expected by the client.
• Receive and process all advertising materials as appropriate for the platform.
• Manage post-order fulfillment with necessary proof of performance, customer service, and client relationship management.
2) Local and Campus Clients:
• Directly manage all sales for specified local and campus clients.
• Actively prospect and cultivate new local and campus clients.
3) New Revenue Generation:
• Research and develop new revenue ideas for all platforms in conjunction with platform managers and content leadership.
• Become familiar with best practices of other student and professional media organizations and utilize ideas gained to improve revenue and sales processes.
4) Special Product Management:
• Assist department Director in managing special products.
• Previous experience and/or education and training in sales, marketing, or similar.
• Experience in working in a team setting.
• Computer proficiency and ability/willingness to learn new programs and software.
• Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
• Major or minor in business, strategic communication, management, marketing, or similar preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
You may also submit an application directly to Student Media via ustudentmedia.com/job/adsalesmgr/
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: “firstname.lastname@example.org” or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: “email@example.com” .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.