University of Utah Student Admin - Work-Study in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/06/2018
Requisition Number PRN08153N
Job Title UU Student - Admin/Clerical
Working Title Student Admin - Work-Study
Job Grade SJ
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15-20 hours a week
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Is this a work study job? Yes
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00294 - Financial Aid
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $9.28
Provides routine office support. Reviews and processes documents and requests for information, maintains files, enters data and distributes mail.
1. Reviews and processes applications, requisitions and related forms; reviews them for accuracy and completeness; ensures compliance with University and department policies, procedures and regulations.
2. Answers inquiries that may result in a search for records.
3. Gathers and assembles data for reports.
4. Maintains filing systems by determining the most appropriate filing category.
5. Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
6. Answers, screens and routes incoming telephone calls.
7. May process payments and prepare receipts.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
This job posting is only available to University of Utah students who have been awarded a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year. Please login toCISand go to the Finance/Financial Aid section to view your Financial Aid Status. If you have not received a Federal Work-Study Award, then do not complete and submit this application. Before hire, this employer will confirm that you have received a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.