University of Utah Stage Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/13/2018
Requisition Number PRN07971N
Job Title Theatrical Technician
Working Title Stage Manager
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week Varies based on performance schedule
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Varies each week based on performance schedule – nights, weekends and days. Assigned by the Facilities Coordinator based on event scheduled.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00078 - School of Music
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 13.00
Performs one of many or all tasks associated with concert hall technical work including stage management of backstage, lighting, audio and coordination with front of house. Building representative for events.
1. Set up stage for concerts, events, rehearsals, etc. as requested.
2. Ready building for concert, event, rehearsal, etc.
3. Post-concert/event/rehearsal clean up of hall
4. Respond to emergencies as necessary.
5. Runs light board for rehearsal and performance.
6. Prepares sound and runs soundboard for rehearsals and performance.
7. Climbs ladders, move heavy equipment and instruments, and works with a wide variety of tools.
8. Coordinate ushers during events.
9. Inspects and maintains stage equipment. Inspects systems utilized by each tenant and provides information to administration for damages and use fees.
10. Set standard for calm behavior backstage.
11. This position has the authority to stop a performance in progress for issues of safety of the performers or the audience. Directly coordinate emergency and evacuation procedures.
12. Pre-concert announcements.
13. Serve as a building representative for events.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Two years of full time professional experience in one or all of the above listed skills technical theatrical skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.