University of Utah Social Media Program Assistant (work-study) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/31/2018
Requisition Number PRN08328N
Job Title Program Assistant
Working Title Social Media Program Assistant (work-study)
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week up to 20 hours per week
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
flexible with class schedule
Is this a work study job? Yes
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00251 - Physical Med & Rehab - Oper
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 10.00/hr
Close Date 10/31/2018
If you have graphic design skills, an interest in photography/videography and a knack for promoting programs and people through social media this position is for you! Come support our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Team and theTRAILSprogram with your talent. Don’t delay in applying, as this position is in high demand and fills quickly.
Check out this link to learn more about some of the programs you’d be promoting!
1. Manage day-to-day presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
2. Work with theTRAILSteam to ensure social media tools are up to date
3. Become an advocate of the program in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
4. Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media
5. Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications
Skills and Characteristics:
1. Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
2. Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
3. Instinctive know-how to clearly articulate relevant messages and engage on social media platforms
4. Ability to effectively communicate/present information and ideas in written and verbal format
5. Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary
6. Detail oriented; highly organized
7. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
This job posting is only available to University of Utah students who have been awarded a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year. Please login toCISand go to the Finance/Financial Aid section to view your Financial Aid Status. If you have not received a Federal Work-Study Award, then do not complete and submit this application. Before hire, this employer will confirm that you have received a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year.
Associate’s degree in a related field or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) required. Two years of related experience, ability to use logic and reasoning to prioritize tasks, expertise using MS Office software, and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required. Database experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.