University of Utah Security Corporal- HCI in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/22/2018
Requisition Number PRN17614B
Job Title Security Corporal
Working Title Security Corporal- HCI
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays.
VP Area President
Department 00471 - Public Safety
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 19.59-21.63
Open Until Filled Yes
Two years security experience, or equivalency. Must have the ability to stand and walk for eight hours; a valid Utah Driver’s License with proof of insurability; and the ability to pass an extensive background check required. In addition, the incumbent is required to be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Demonstrated human relation skills and a working knowledge of radio codes and regulations along with a commitment to provide excellent customer service are also required.
1. Supervises the activities of subordinate security personnel, ensuring staff members are completing assignments.
2. Plans, coordinates and evaluates the operation and goals of security assignments.
3. Carries out human resource activities by evaluating employee performance, initiating disciplinary action, and making commendation recommendations.
4. Exercises direct command in a manner that assures order, appropriate conduct, discipline and efficiency.
5. Ensures compliance with department standards, rules, regulations and policy and procedures.
6. Schedules and organizes the work of subordinate personnel.
7. Disseminates administrative information to subordinate personnel at shift briefings.
8. Reviews and analyzes reports prepared and submitted by officers for accuracy, completeness and essential elements.
9. Prepares reports/statistics as requested.
10. Maintains positive community relations and department image.
11. Investigates and resolves complaints, both internal and external.
12. Identifies training needs, and conducts training for department personnel.
13. Perform duties as Incident Manager.
14. Attend meetings pertaining to safety and security, relaying information to appropriate individuals.
15. Build positive working relationships with other University Health Care staff members, and the customers we serve.
16. Ensuring proper notifications are made to Command Staff in the event of serious incidents and personnel issues that may arise.
17. Perform duties as assigned.
18. May be required to be on-call, and available in certain situations to respond to work at short notice.
19. Performs inspections of officer’s, assigned equipment and uniforms to ensure proper fit and in working order.
Two years security experience, or equivalency; the ability to stand and walk for eight hours; a valid Utah Driver’s License with proof of insurability; and the ability to pass an extensive background check required. In addition, the incumbent is required to be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Demonstrated human relation skills and a working knowledge of radio codes and regulations along with a commitment to provide excellent customer service are also required.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.