University of Utah Research Assistant/Analyst in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/11/2018
Requisition Number PRN16880B
Job Title Research Assistant/Analyst
Working Title Research Assistant/Analyst
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01720 - PHS - HEALTH SYS INNO & RSRCH
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 21.63
Open Until Filled No
We are seeking a Research Assistant to join the Division of Health System Innovation and Research (HSIR). This person will gather, organize and analyze data through interviews, literature searches, medical record reviews and related methods for use in studies, publications and other research related uses.
This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with the Division Chief and the Research Program Manager to coordinate, manage, and implement a portfolio of health services research. The Research Assistant is an essential member of theHSIRteam who will:
1. Recruit and consent eligible patients
2. Contact participants for follow-up consultation,
3. Carry out study eligibility screening of patients in a clinic setting
4. Explain the study protocol and inclusion criteria to physicians, patients, and health care providers in person and by phone
5. Collect and record required data on paper and/or in electronic form
6. Complete medical chart reviews
7. Work with research teams and clinicians to meet enrollment goals and study deadlines
8. Attend team and study meetings
9. Work with confidential health information and complete the necessary training to do so
10. Assist with overall project management.
11. Perform other duties as needed
1. Collects and compiles data from a variety of sources; may enter data into a study database.
2. May edit research papers, project reports, proposals and other materials prior to publication or presentation.
3. May work with research personnel in the design and preparation of research projects and in recording data.
Analyzes problems to create a list of alternatives that can be reviewed with the Principal Investigator. Over time, acts independently in devising and executing solutions to problems as they arise. Problems would be referred to superior based upon predetermined guidelines set by the department.
Bachelor’s degree in a Social or Behavioral Science, Liberal Arts, or a field related to the area of research, or equivalency; one year of experience in research and analytical techniques; demonstrated statistical and quantitative analysis experience; and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required.
1. An understanding of research protocols and procedures
2. Comfortable with Microsoft Suite and computer
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.