University of Utah PS Telemetry Monitor Technician in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 09/22/2020
Requisition Number PRN10659N
Job Title PS Telemetry Monitor Technician
Working Title PS Telemetry Monitor Technician
Job Grade UGR
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? Yes
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week PRN
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
This is a PRN position. Schedule may vary.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00226 - Cardiology
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range TBD BOE
This position provides preliminary written interpretations of ambulatory ECG monitors and forwards them for attending physician over-read.
• Provides written interpretation of the ambulatory monitor study results, according to standards established by University of Utah Cardiovascular Medicine faculty, and forwards preliminary interpretations to on-call physician.
• Responsible to accurately identify the on-call physician by checking on-line schedules.
• Contacts on-call physician for questions regarding interpretation of significant arrhythmia’s and incorporates that feedback into reports.
• Promptly contacts appropriate Cardiovascular fellow, Advanced Practice Provider, or physician for potentially dangerous or noteworthy findings on the ambulatory monitors.
• All studies assigned will be interpreted and forwarded within the same day. If this is not possible due to study overload or unexpected alternative time demand, the supervisor must be notified before leaving for the day.
• For scheduled vacations or other anticipated leave, at least one month advanced notification is required so that alternative coverage can be arranged.
• Proactive identification of process improvement opportunities and solutions.
• Daily communication regarding study interpretation, referring physician communication, and coverage coordination must be maintained.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Ability to accurately interpret ambulatory rhythm strips and provide formal ECG diagnosis.
• Ability to compose written interpretations of studies with standard English composition and spelling, according to format established by the Cardiovascular faculty.
• Ability to distinguish artifact from true arrhythmia’s on ambulatory rhythm strips.
• Ability to interact and communicate with peers and physicians as needed for timely interpretation of studies.
Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within month of hire and one year experience identifying heart rhythm pattern required.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
• Certification in arrhythmia identification.
• HIPPA certification.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: “email@example.com” or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: “firstname.lastname@example.org” .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.