University of Utah Project Administrator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/16/2018
Requisition Number PRN17221B
Job Title Project Administrator
Working Title Project Administrator
Job Grade F
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area President
Department 01167 - HCI Clinical Trials Operations
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 47600 to 65000
Open Until Filled Yes
Oversees all administrative, financial, personnel, and technical functions of a program in an assigned department. Organizes and assigns duties to employees and advises the departmental administrators of the program’s activities.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform essential job functions.
1. Supports Principal Investigators (PI) and study management staff with patient screening/enrollment, eligibility review, data submission, and overall maintenance of new and ongoing clinical trials.
2. Ensures study management staff are providing quality source documents and data to sponsors, while ensuring protocol compliance is maintained within regulatory guidelines and standards.
3. Routinely monitor and ensure compliance with eligibility, protocol requirements, data submission completion while monitoring delinquency rates, outstanding query resolutions
4. Ensure monitoring/auditing reports and outstanding issues with staff are identified, addressed, and resolved in appropriate timeframe while providing direction and oversight.
5. Provides assistance with personnel management and supervision
6. Mentoring and training new or research staff
7. Contribute to developing educational materials on coordination and data completion processes and requirements for the teams, as well as evaluation and education tools to assess staff competency.
8. Assist with study start up and oversee workload resourcing
9. Develop, implement and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & Work Practice Documents (WPDs)
10. Oversee and ensure completeness in appropriate AE andSAEreporting requirements as well as deviation reporting to sponsors and theIRB.
11. Manage the workflow by reviewing staff performance
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field, or equivalency; four years of progressively more responsible related experience; and demonstrated human relation and effective communications skills required. A related Master’s degree preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Three to six years of progressively more responsible leadership experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization.SOCRAorACRPcertified.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area of assignment or equivalency and 4 – 6 years of progressively more responsible oncology experience.
Background knowledge of assigned department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan, train and draw conclusions for recommendations to Clinical Trial Manager. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop team and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
Completion of provided supervisory/management training within one year of employment may be required.
Successful candidates will have:
• Three years of Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator Experience
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of regulatory guidelines related to human subject research protections in clinical trial investigations
• Clinical Trial Management Software experience
• Ability to assess functional processes, workflow and develop improvements for efficiency and quality output.
• Advanced knowledge of industry standards related to clinical trial coordinator functions and study data management activities; (i.e., complex trial designs, data standards, data reviews, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to positively influence others in a team environment
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.