University of Utah Project Administrator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/14/2021
Requisition Number PRN25057B
Job Title PS Project Administrator
Working Title Project Administrator
Job Grade F
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? Yes
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area President
Department 01167 - HCI Clinical Trials Operations
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 47600 to 66500
Open Until Filled Yes
This position is considered Category IIA : Not required on campus and has the ability to telework remotely for the duration of the University of Utah’s response to COVID -19. An employee hired into this role will be responsible for providing space, telephone, printing, networking and/or internet capabilities at the telecommute location and agree to the terms of the University of Utah campus and Health Academics COVID -19 Telecommuting Agreement.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform essential job functions.
1. Supports Principal Investigators (PI) and study management staff with patient screening/enrollment,
eligibility review, data submission, and overall maintenance of new and ongoing clinical trials.
2. Ensures study management staff are providing quality source documents and data to sponsors,
while ensuring protocol compliance is maintained within regulatory guidelines and standards.
3. Routinely monitor and ensure compliance with eligibility, protocol requirements, data submission
completion while monitoring delinquency rates, outstanding query resolutions
4. Ensure monitoring/auditing reports and outstanding issues with staff are identified, addressed, and
resolved in appropriate timeframe while providing direction and oversight.
5. Provides assistance with personnel management and supervision, while mentoring and training new
or junior research staff and providing adequate team coverage plans.
6. Contribute to developing educational materials on coordination and data completion processes and
requirements for the teams, as well as evaluation and education tools to assess staff competency.
7. Assist with study start up and oversee workload resourcing for team while providing primary point
of contact support for completion of start-up activities (i.e., initiating CDA , Feasibility, MDG scoring
and navigation of review committees required for activation, etc.).
8. Develop, implement and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & Work Practice
9. Oversee and ensure completeness in appropriate AE and SAE reporting requirements as well as
Deviation reporting to sponsors and the IRB .
10. Manages the workflow by reviewing staff performance through period performance and salary
reviews and revising the operating procedures as needed.
11. OTHER : Assume responsibility for additional assignments as directed by the Program Manager
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field, or equivalency; four years of progressively more responsible related experience; and demonstrated human relation and effective communications skills required. A related Master’s degree preferred.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization. SOCRA or ACRP certified is highly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area of assignment or equivalency and 4 – 6 years of progressively more responsible oncology experience.
Background knowledge of assigned department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan, train and draw conclusions for recommendations to Clinical Trial Manager. Demonstrated leadership skills in
planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop team and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
Completion of provided supervisory/management training within one year of employment may be required.
Successful candidates will have:
• Three years of Oncology Clinical Research Coordinator Experience
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of regulatory guidelines related to human subject research
protections in clinical trial investigations
• Clinical Trial Management Software experience
• Ability to assess functional processes, workflow and develop improvements for efficiency and quality
• Advanced knowledge of industry standards related to clinical trial coordinator functions and study
data management activities; (i.e., complex trial designs, data standards, data reviews, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to positively influence others in a team environment
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.