University of Utah Program Coordinator, Executive EMBA in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 02/04/2019
Requisition Number PRN19541B
Job Title Coordinator, Recruiting
Working Title Program Coordinator, Executive EMBA
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
M-F, with some evenings and weekends (typically two Saturday’s a month) required for events and class days.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00033 - Executive Education
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 15.19 to 21.50
Close Date 03/11/2019
Open Until Filled No
Under the leadership of the ExecutiveMBADirector, the Program Coordinator for the University of Utah’s ExecutiveMBAprovides administrative support to prospective and current students, alumni and faculty of the ExecutiveMBAprogram. The Program Coordinator will ensure that the ExecutiveMBAprogram is effective, innovative and driven by the pursuit of excellence. The Program Coordinator is a spokesperson for the program within the School of Business, the University, and outside the University.
The Program Coordinator will be expected to provide a high-level of customer service and support through recruiting calls, program events, and building relationships with prospective and current students. In addition, the Program Coordinator will collaborate with the otherMBAprograms at the University, and the Career Advancement Center.
This position requires a high-level of autonomy and problem solving in a fast-paced environment. Strong skills in sales, building customer relationships, time management, response time, and accuracy are key attributes to succeed in this role.
Admissions and Recruiting:
• Significant interpersonal communication and relationship building with prospective students over the phone, as well as in-person and through e-mail.
• Discuss program details with prospective students through outbound and inbound phone calls.
• Meet one-on-one with candidates to discuss their specific concerns and needs. Mentor and advise candidates on an academic path that best fits their situation.
• Manage the sales funnel throughCRMsystem (Salesforce). This includes professional and academic details about the candidate and logging all interactions, including in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails.
• Consistently follow-up and stay connected with those who have expressed interest in pursuing theirMBA.
• Accurately represent theEMBAprogram and the university. Be responsible for making decisions (in partnership with Director) related to running the program in an effective and conscientious manner.
• Assist with planning and executing recruiting events. Responsibilities may include; selecting venue and catering menu, assembling marketing materials, and interacting with and answering questions for prospective students.
Event and Class Management:
• SupportEMBAclass days. Responsibilities may include:, interacting withEMBAstudents, supporting faculty before and during class days with academic needs, a willingness to perform all necessary tasks required to provide students with a world-class experience.
• Plan, implement and ensure quality ofEMBAclass days by communicating with and making appropriate arrangements for the faculty, as well as arranging logistics for the students. This includes snack and meals, IT and equipment, course materials and any issues related to student needs for class.
• Serve as a resource forEMBAstudents to answer questions and advise on issues associated with all components of the program.
*This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in a related area; one year of experience in career services, human resources, working in a campus environment or post college experience; a basic knowledge of employment policies, legal constraints and interviewing techniques; and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and effective communication skills required. The ability to manage time and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks are also required. A degree in a related area may include human resources, behavioral sciences, business or other relevant field.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, plus two years of related experience or equivalency.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
• Results oriented and achievement driven.
• Ability to work independently, especially in the area of arranging and conducting on-site information meetings and influencer visits.
• Handle multiple tasks in an organized manner. Prioritize to ensure balanced and efficient workload. Produce high quality work with speed and accuracy.
• Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills and the ability to relate well to working professionals and executives.
• Collaborative in approach and open to new concepts and ideas.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Preference will be given to those able to work some weekends, as required.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with priorURSservice, may elect to enroll inURSif they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits fromURSare subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.