University of Utah Program Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/12/2018
Requisition Number PRN17784B
Job Title Program Assistant
Working Title Program Assistant
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00080 - Film and Media Arts
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 14.90-16.24
Close Date 08/01/2018
Open Until Filled No
Provides support and assists with the overall administration and development of specific department programs. Provides support to Department Chair.
1. Assists with program planning and implementation.
2. Compiles, sorts, and organizes data for entry into a database, distributes program information, and conducts program research.
3. Answers telephones and gives information to callers, takes messages, or transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
4. Greets visitors and communicates with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address complaints.
5. Responds to queries from and coordinates activities with other departments, the community, and program partners.
6. Assists in the creation and distribution of program materials, forms, and general correspondence.
7. May track and report on current trends to determine future program needs.
8. May provide program specific training.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Incumbents in this position are expected to be familiar with the department’s policies and procedures and have working knowledge of University and department organizations and procedures in order to answer and assist staff and visitors. Incumbents are also expected to demonstrate sensitivity to others’ needs while being understanding and helpful on the job.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate’s degree in a related field, or equivalency, plus two years of related experience required; ability to use logic and reasoning to prioritize tasks; computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software, and/or database software preferred; demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.