University of Utah Proctor in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/10/2018
Requisition Number PRN08257N
Job Title Staff Specialist
Working Title Proctor
Job Grade UGR
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 5
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Exams generally take place between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Position runs through June 30, 2019 with possibility of renewal.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01471 - SOM Curriculum/Med ED
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $12.00/hour
Under direction ensures the academic integrity of standardized testing conditions and security of test materials for exams administered to medical students.
- Checks examinees into the testing center
- Confirms that all examinees are seated in appropriate seats
- Assists in distributing/collecting/maintaining test materials and testing environment
- Monitors/maintains constant surveillance of test materials and testing environment
- Ensures that all test rules and procedures are followed
- Continually observes that examinees are not exchanging information or engaging in any other irregular behavior
- Ensures there is no talking or cheating during examinations
- Prevents or minimizes any disturbances to examinees during the examination
- Troubleshoots minor technical issues
- Escorts examinees on all personal breaks taken during the examination
Reliability and punctuality are a must A vailability early mornings and afternoons on weekdays Ability to troubleshoot issues associated with the Apple iPad and related software
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.