University of Utah Physician Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/04/2018
Requisition Number PRN17083B
Job Title Physician Assistant
Working Title Physician Assistant
Job Grade UGR
FLSA Code Professional
Patient Sensitive Job Code? Yes
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00261 - Otolaryngology
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 84,000 - 110,000
Open Until Filled Yes
Provides both primary and specialty medical services in a University Health Sciences clinic or hospital unit.
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Sciences exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The Health Sciences Center seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
1. Takes complex medical histories on patients referred for consultation by academic and community physicians.
2. Performs physical examinations.
3. Orders laboratory tests, x-rays, special imaging studies and other diagnostic procedures.
4. May perform bone marrow aspirations and biopsies, skin biopsies, lumbar punctures; administers intrathecal chemotherapy; and may participate in bone marrow harvests.
5. Monitors the level of and adjusts immunosuppressive medications.
6. Orders and supervises the administration of blood products.
7. Reaches tentative diagnosis of medical, surgical and other conditions.
8. Develops treatment plans in conjunction with attending physician to provide optimal patient medical management.
9. Participates in continuing medical education to include specialty and sub-specialty meetings, clubs, boards and conferences.
10. Assists in the collection of data for research projects.
11. Orders consultations and interacts with members of other specialty medical teams.
12. Participates in special projects and committee functions.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required:
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Often: Infectious disease, oils ( there is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids ), hazards ( includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals ).
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking, standing, sitting.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Current licensure to practice as a Physician’s Assistant from the State of Utah. Certification inACLS/BLS/NRP/ATLSmay be required by your department or by privileging criteria. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
Utah State prescriptive privileges preferred.
To obtain licensure requires graduation from anARC-PA approved/accredited Physician Assistant program. Specialty experience preferred on a position by position basis.UHPPM1-56 requires that newly hired non-physician providers apply for credentialing and privileging at the time of hire.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Seeking Advance Practice Clinician to provideENTservices at University Hospital and South Jordan Health Center. Position will run independent clinic and perform minorENTprocedures.
1. Runs independent practice in clinic environment.
2. Takes medical histories on patients referred forENTconsultations.
3. Performs comprehensive head and neck physical examinations.
4. Orders and interprets laboratory tests, x-rays, special imaging studies and other diagnostic procedures.
5. Performs flexible laryngscopies, nasal endoscopies, cerumen removals, and other minorENTprocedures.
6. Obtains diagnosis ForENTmedical and surgical conditions
7. TreatsENTmedical conditions and consults withENTsurgeon for surgical diagnosis.
8. Participates in continuing medical education including division grand rounds and journal clubs.
Flexible hours to provide extended hour clinics. PriorENTexposure is preferred but not required.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient care employees to be immunized according to CDC standards. All patient care employees must receive the following vaccinations:
•Hepatitis B for some jobs
Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.