University of Utah Office Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/07/2018
Requisition Number PRN08058N
Job Title UU Student - Admin/Clerical
Working Title Office Manager
Job Grade SJ
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Two Shifts available:
M-F 8 am – 12 pm
M-F 12 pm – 4 pm
Some flexibility available.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00475 - Student Media Council
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $8.50/hr DOE
Close Date 07/31/2018
The office manager fills several vital roles for the entire Student Media department. The primary responsibility is to assist in all office functions – applications, accounting, equipment check-out, planning and execution of trainings and events, etc.
The office manager works from the front desk and provide basic office support such as answering phones, directing traffic, and assisting with other regular tasks. The position also assists the department accountant in all duties as assigned. The position will be expected to become familiar with all Student Media activities and be able to adequately provide help and support when necessary. Office assistants also help manage department equipment.
Responsible for all duties associated with managing the department:
• General Office – answer phones, direct traffic, handle mail, manage supplies, provide support to departmental staff to ensure office is running efficiently.
• Recruitment – assist marketing manager in recruiting and on boarding students.
• Events – assist department director and student leadership in planning and executing staff-wide events.
• Equipment – help equipment manager oversee the equipment check-out process and provide support for equipment users.
• Accounting – as necessary, assist department accountant in receiving payments, managing personnel and applications, preparing reports and other payments.
• Advertising – assist advertising manager in assigned projects.
There are two office manager positions available and duties will be split between both in order to assure consistent attention to all duties.
It is expected that one office manager will consistently work a morning shift while the other will work an afternoon shift.
A successful candidate for this position will be a University of Utah Student and able to work approximately 20 hours per week. Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and ability to use various computer programs necessary.
• Previous office work preferred.
• Understanding and working knowledge of general software and computers necessary.
• Quick learner and adaptable personality necessary.
• Must be enrolled student progressing satisfactorily towards a degree.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.