University of Utah Office Assistant/Data Entry Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/04/2019
Requisition Number PRN08877N
Job Title UU Student - Admin/Clerical
Working Title Office Assistant/Data Entry Specialist
Job Grade SJ
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
We can work around class schedules to accommodate.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00033 - Executive Education
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 9.62-12
Close Date 02/15/2019
The Executive Education department is seeking an office assistant to provide data entry and office support.
• Execute assignments and tasks requiring data entry/retrieval, information gathering, analysis, data collection, database maintenance, and forms.
• Perform other job-related duties or requests as assigned.
Two years data entry experience or equivalency required (1 year of college education is equivalent to 2 years of related work experience). Proficiency in the use of data entry equipment and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills are also required. The hiring department may require a minimum typing ability.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• We are looking for a detail oriented, efficient, self-reliant, team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Must demonstrate “ownership” and initiative for achieving outcomes.
• Critical thinking, common sense, and good judgement; not afraid to ask questions!
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills — in person, on the phone, and via email.
• Ability to learn and use new databases and technology quickly, and create/pull reports.
• Highly organized with ability to manage regular daily tasks to meet deadlines in conjunction with project work.
• Ability to follow established procedures, and recommend changes as needed to increase efficiency.
• Detail-focused and precise, especially for database work, calendar management and scheduling.
• Highly proficient in Excel; proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: “email@example.com” or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: “firstname.lastname@example.org” .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits fromURSare subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.