University of Utah Occupational Therapy Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 10/19/2017
Requisition Number PRN07389N
Job Title Occupational Therapy Assistant
Working Title Occupational Therapy Assistant
Job Grade UGR
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? Yes
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week Varies - this is a PRN position - 10hrs/week average
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01456 - Life Skills Clinics
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range
Provides occupational therapy services. Assists an Occupational Therapist with rehabilitative activities for patients who may have developmental, physical and emotional impairments. Prepares equipment for treatment and may perform clerical duties for the department.
+ This is aPRNposition+
1. Assists with the patient evaluation, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, by obtaining information such as occupational role, activities of daily living, history, cognition, perception, strength and range of motion.
2. Assists with establishing the patient’s treatment plan and goals.
3. Provides direct patient care services utilizing appropriate procedures, equipment and techniques under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
4. Modifies treatment approaches to reflect the needs of the patient under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
5. Adapts intervention of the environment, tools, materials and activities according to the needs of the patient and his/her socio-cultural context.
6. Communicates and interacts with other team members and the patient’s family and care givers.
7. Formulates discontinuation of patient care and follow-up plans under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
8. Provides documentation of patient care in accordance with established criteria.
9. Schedules patient appointments and prioritizes case load.
10. Maintains treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
11. Participates in continuous quality improvement projects.
12. Directs the activities of aides and volunteers.
13. Participates in activities such as departmental in-services, conferences, staff and team meetings, continuing education courses, clinics and research.
Requires an associate degree and passing of a national examination to be a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA).
Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Pediatric, clinic and/or school experience is preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient care employees to be immunized according to CDC standards. All patient care employees must receive the following vaccinations:
•Hepatitis B for some jobs
Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient care employees to be immunized according toCDCstandards. All patient care employees must receive the following vaccinations:•MMR•Tdap•Varicella•2-step TB•Annual Influenza•Hepatitis B for some jobsLimited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.