University of Utah Health Nurse Manager - Neurosciences Operating Room in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Are you an experienced leader with a strong background in perioperative nursing? This is your big opportunity to join a fantastic team, in an outstanding hospital system, with an exceptional organizational track record!
This position manages the operations and strategic planning for the Operating Room at the renowned Clinical Neurosciences Center. In support of the organization's goals and mission, the incumbent supports the CNO and Nursing Director in leading the functions of their assigned area. The Nurse Manager works directly with nursing leadership to ensure patient safety and quality of care. This position may be required to access and administer medications within their scope of practice and according to State Law.
- University of Utah Health is ranked among the nation's top 10 academic medical centers in quality, safety, and accountability-- a record we've been proud to maintain for 8 years running!
As a patient-focused organization, University of Utah Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Performs to required standards for job specific responsibilities and technical competencies.
- Hiring, training, developing, and communicating with staff.
Responsible for developing, monitoring and achieving budget goals.
Manages labor and non-labor expenses to budget or flex budget.
Manages revenue to budget to maximize potential revenue.
Responsible for patient satisfaction scores within assigned area(s).
Responsible for upholding PROMISE standards of direct reports and team members.
Responsible to achieve quality goals for assigned area(s).
Manages and promotes continuous process improvements in assigned area(s).
Responsible to provide staff feedback on performance, including on-time appraisals and coaching.
Responsible to deal with conflicts in a proactive manner and to reach resolution in a timely manner.
Forms positive relationships with staff, peers, and senior leadership to support the mission, vision, values, and performance standards of the organization.
Actively engages staff with updates and news as well as involving staff in decisions and work teams. Provides feedback and recognition when appropriate.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Knowledge of assigned department's area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors.
Bachelor's of science in Nursing.
Four years of nursing experience.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Utah, or obtain one within 90 days of hire under the interstate compact if switching residency to State of Utah. If not changing state of practice to Utah, current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in a state covered by the Interstate Compact.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This is a sedentary position in an office setting that may exert up to 10 pounds and may lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Occasionally this position may be required to provide patient care and may need to exert up to 100 pounds in pushing, pulling, or moving objects such as medical equipment or in providing medical care to patients. When providing patient care, they be be exposed to infectious diseases or be required to function around prisoners or behavioral health patients.
We are University of Utah Health. healthcare.utah.edu
Listening, Near Vision, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking
Requisition Number 29577
Employment Type Full-Time
Work Schedule Per dept needs
Location Name Clinical Neurosciences Center
City SALT LAKE CITY
Department COR ISC 22A SURGERY SRVCS ADM
The University of Utah Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah Health Care is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.