University of Utah Marketing/Communications Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/09/2018
Requisition Number PRN17182B
Job Title Marketing/Communications Specialist
Working Title Marketing/Communications Specialist
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Professional
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40 hours per week
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Schedule may be flexible, but hours must be worked between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00173 - Continuing Ed & Comunty Engmnt
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $40,000 - $50,000
Open Until Filled Yes
As a part of Continuing Education and Community Engagement’s (CECE) dynamic marketing team, the Account Executive works withCECEand other University departments to develop a wide array of marketing strategies. Conceptualizes and writes advertising copy to support marketing strategies and creative platforms. Coordinates the production, delivery, and distribution of all marketing assets. Develops, implements, and analyzes email strategies for engaging and expanding Continuing Education’s customer base.
Manage internal client relationships:
1. Consult with clients to determine promotional needs and develop marketing strategies and/or individual projects to meet those needs
2. Collaborate with graphic designer and production manager to create the concept for each project and write advertising copy to support each concept
3. Act as account executive to ensure client satisfaction and timely product delivery
4. Track effectiveness of each marketing/promotional campaign through data analysis and work to improve future campaigns
5. Research appropriate venues for advertising and public relations materials
6. Keep projects on track in terms of schedule and budget
7. Act on behalf of senior marketing director when she is absent or unavailable
Coordinate Email Marketing:
1. Develop and execute a comprehensive annual “email plan” for Continuing Education programs
2. Coordinate the development and design of email marketing pieces
3. Write and edit copy for electronic communications including email and website content
4. Manage lists and contact records to maximize distribution and response
5. Test strategies and analyze results to improve strategies
6. Create reports and share results with colleagues and leadership
7. Collaborate with colleagues to integrate messaging across programs
Manage marketing content for Continuing Education Programs:
1. Write and produce written communication tools, including advertising copy, press releases, website content, and other publications
2. Solicit and coordinate the publication of web content from various program team members
3. Proofreads and edits various materials as needed
1. Support on-time production of marketing materials including catalogs, brochures, annual reports, and others including writing and editing
2. May plan and assist with distribution of advertising materials
3. Assist in marketing surveys, research projects, and focus groups from initial questionnaires to compiling and analyzing information
4. Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Business, Communication, English, or a related area, plus three years professional experience in marketing, advertising, copywriting, email management or equivalency
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective print and broadcast media campaigns
• Experience designing and creating content for email, web communications, and social media (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including outstanding grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working collaboratively with a wide range of partners
• Detail-oriented and well organized
• Hard-working and dependable, ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Work nights or weekends as necessary to attend events and activities
Master’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Basic graphic design knowledge preferred (using Adobe Creative Suite)
• Experience with media relations and communication
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.