University of Utah Marketing & Communications Coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/12/2018
Requisition Number PRN17469B
Job Title Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
Working Title Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00295 - Office of Admissions
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $25,000-$35,000
Open Until Filled Yes
Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize sales, create brand awareness and ensure effective internal and external communications.
1. Coordinates and implements marketing communication projects that include public relations, advertising, creating brand awareness, and special events management.
2. Coordinates promotions including selecting and ordering promotional items and overseeing the design, printing, mailing, and delivery of promotional materials.
3. Writes and produces written communications tools.
4. Writes advertisements, press releases and public service announcements, occasionally, to facilitate overflow work of copywriters.
5. Provides video camera work, editing, script writing and production for public service announcements and/or promotional videos.
6. Identifies target market and purchases advertising space for magazines, newspapers, and radio.
7. Ensures nation-wide attention and awards by staying current on award contests and working with the Design and Marketing areas to enter these competitions.
8. Assists in marketing surveys, research projects and focus groups from initial questionnaires to compiling information.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related area, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). One year of related experience and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in accounts payable and receivable; and knowledge in all phases of production, such as types of paper, typesetting, printing, design, direct mail, and advertising concepts may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.