University of Utah Marketing Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 10/28/2020
Requisition Number PRN10739N
Job Title Development/Marketing Assistant
Working Title Marketing Assistant
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15-19 hours/week
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
We can work out a schedule based on availability.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00033 - Executive Education
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 18
Close Date 12/05/2020
The David Eccles School of Business, Executive Education has an opening for a Marketing Assistant for the MBA Programs (including the Full-Time MBA , Professional MBA , Executive MBA , and MBA Online) and our open enrollment and custom programs. The Marketing Assistant will assist the marketing team with data entry, copywriting, social media, web development and design, multimedia presentations, publicity, event scheduling, communication, and other duties as assigned.
• Writes and produces written communications and promotional copy including, but not limited to, website content, emails, presentations, social media, Eccles Newsroom posts, guides, advertising copy, and more.
• Assist Marketing team with the development and administration of the Executive Education webpages and social media presence
• Assist with the social media campaigns and presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs and seeding content into social applications as needed
• Monitor the impact of social media campaigns, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in order to make adjustments for maximum results
• Assist Marketing team with scheduling marketing communications and recruiting events by updating websites, calendars, and other platforms accordingly
• Analyze, monitor, track, and evaluate marketing efforts for effectiveness, including analysis of the analytics and metrics of emails and marketing text messages
• Edit copy and make updates for department marketing projects such as publications, advertisements, and promotional brochures and fliers
• Conduct market research and recommend strategies, promotional materials, vendors and communication methods that will best serve the needs and interests of the program
• Assist with informational recruiting events
• Data entry and report generation using the customer relationship management tool, Salesforce
• Assist and support Marketing team, with marketing-related duties as assigned, including but not limited to photocopying, name tag creation, and basic office duties
• Perform other job-related duties or requests as assigned
Four years public relations experience which includes two years marketing, fundraising or sales activities, or equivalency required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience writing news releases, producing newsletters and organizing special events and fund-raising activities preferred. Depending upon department of assignment, preference may be given for a background in purchasing, television production, radio, athletics, library or museum.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• General awareness of marketing trends and platforms
• Comfortable working with remote team members and participating in virtual meetings for training and direction
• Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to execute assignments with a high level of accuracy
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to write, edit, and proof effectively for persuasive, direct marketing
• A self-starter with excellent organizational skills, capacity to manage several projects simultaneously, the ability to balance competing priorities, flexibility, and strong project management skills
• Extremely computer literate including full knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to learn and use new databases and technology quickly, and create/pull reports.
• Ability to follow established procedures, and recommend changes as needed to increase efficiency
• Customer/Client service orientation and focus
• Driven to meet or exceed consumer expectations
• Understand the target audience for each social media account, posting interesting, relevant and timely content that supports department goals
• Detail-focused and precise, especially for database work, calendar management, and scheduling
• Must demonstrate “ownership” and initiative for achieving outcomes
• Critical thinking, common sense, and good judgment; not afraid to ask questions
• Graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or web editing and development experience is a plus.
Able to lift, carry, and move 20 lbs. and stand for an extended period of time in preparation for events.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: “email@example.com” or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: “firstname.lastname@example.org” .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.