University of Utah Manager, Administrative in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 11/11/2020
Requisition Number PRN24702B
Job Title Manager, Administrative
Working Title Manager, Administrative
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Regular business hours, infrequent evenings as required.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 01541 - Office for Global Engagement
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 45000 to 55000
Open Until Filled Yes
The University of Utah Office for Global Engagement ( OGE ) provides campus-wide leadership and coordination in support of University of Utah global initiatives, partnerships, and programs. The Administrative Manager provides executive administrative and financial support to the Chief Global Officer. The Administrative Manager is the main liaison for the leadership of Global Engagement and assists in overseeing the day to day operations and financial management of the department.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or controlling all aspects pertaining to administrative functions of assigned department’s internal and external customer service, staff management and financial management operations pertaining to areas including (but not limited to) data/records maintenance, supply management, telecommunications, office equipment maintenance, and office support. Acts as a catalyst between the department and its customers and staff to ensure continuity and quality of service.
This position is considered Category IIA : Not required on campus and has the ability to telework remotely for the duration of the University of Utah’s response to COVID -19. An employee hired into this role will be responsible for providing space, telephone, printing, networking and/or internet capabilities at the telecommute location and agree to the terms of the University of Utah campus and Health Academics COVID -19 Telecommuting Agreement.
1. Handles administrative matters regarding day-to-day operations and procedures of the Office for Global Engagement.
2. Oversees employment responsibilities such as new hires, payroll, and liaison to department HR representative.
3. Manages all HR issues with the assistance from the department HR representative.
4. Prepares and submits annual departmental budget for entire unit to central administration.
5. Monitors revenue, expense, payroll, journal entries, and other accounting and financial processes.
6. Oversees all financial matters for OGE
7. Manages departments’ budgets, estimates budgetary requirements for special projects and oversees purchases and inventory
8. Produces financial reporting for all units including budget reports, variance reports, and cash summary reports
9. Forecasts, develops and implements policies and procedures in the areas of customer service, staff management and budgetary goals and objectives that are consistent with University of Utah’s policies
10. Provides strategic direction for assigned units by setting short and long term goals, estimating budgetary requirements for space and equipment, and planning and implanting special projects and policies
11. Participates in committees to establish financial processes and oversight, customer service, and administrative plans and policies
12. Processes the University of Utah Asia Campus’ main campus expenses
13. Coordinates with Finance Manager at University of Utah Asia Campus on financial matters
14. Coordinates with a variety of departments on campus including Purchasing, Travel, Income accounting, Accounts payable, General accounting, and the Office for Sponsored Projects
15. Serves as part of the department leadership team
16. Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department. Completion of provided supervisory training within one year of employment may be required.
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.