University of Utah Graphic Artist - Work Study in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 08/03/2017
Requisition Number PRN07120N
Job Title Graphic Artist
Working Title Graphic Artist - Work Study
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Up to 19 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
Is this a work study job? Yes
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00018 - Utah Museum of Natl Hist Oper
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $12-$13 per hour
Design and produce graphic artwork by developing concepts to meet institutional goals and transforming these into professional visual materials for Museum marketing including: outreach, development, school programs, public programs, visitor services and promotions for Museum exhibits and events. This is a work study position, if you do not have a Federal Work Study award, please apply for the non-work study posting.
Applicants will be
1. Meet and correspond with Museum clients to identify their communication needs through identifying audience, desired results, budget, and delivery schedule.
2. Develop visual design concepts and directions for various print, web and digital environments that are timely, effective, and responsive to identified needs, and are within budgetary constraints, and Museum brand guidelines.
3. Present concepts and designs to Museum clients; receive input, address concerns, modify as necessary and gain approval. Collaborate with Museum colleagues to gather content as needed to proceed with design and production of project.
4. Compile project specifications and distribute to outside vendors for estimates. Perform cost comparisons of competitive bids on equipment, materials, and services employed in connection with design development and production.
5. Oversee production of design projects to assure highest quality results and consistency with approved designs.
6. Maintain communication with Museum clients throughout completion of design project and where appropriate, assist in delivery, presentation, and installation.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Associate’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) required. Two years professional graphics experience (or equivalency) and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required. Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Illustration or a related field preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job posting is only available to University of Utah students who have been awarded a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year. Please login toCISand go to the Finance/Financial Aid section to view your Financial Aid Status. If you have not received a Federal Work-Study Award, then do not complete and submit this application. Before hire, this employer will confirm that you have received a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year.
Candidate should be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Knowledge of web and interactive design for a digital environment desirable. Mac OS platform proficiency. Strong writing abilities preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
Please only apply to this posting if you have a Federal Work Study Award for 2017-2018.
Applicants should include 3-5 personal design samples as an attachment to this application.
The chosen candidate should expect to begin working in mid-September.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.