University of Utah Executive Secretary in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 10/02/2018
Requisition Number PRN08581N
Job Title Executive Secretary
Working Title Executive Secretary
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 30 to 40
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00201 - PhysicalTher/Athletic Training
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 15 DOE
Provide administrative support to Director of Clinical Education and Physical Therapy Department
+ Temporary position, non benefited. This can become a benefited position depending on department budget and business needs +
1. Provides administrative support to supervisor or department.
2. Prepares correspondence, including composing routine letters and memos.
3. Schedules appointments and maintains supervisors or departments calendar.
4. Makes arrangements for meetings and conferences.
5. Establishes and maintains confidential files.
6. Orders and maintains supplies for department.
7. Provides additional general office support such as greeting and directing visitors, handling incoming calls and processing mail.
8. Establishes and maintains confidential student, affiliate and clinical site files
rental cars and processing all travel forms.
9. Assists in expenditures accounting/budgeting for clinical education.
10. Manages annual internship and experience request process—determines recipients, receives and records responses with accuracy.
11. Communicates with clinical site coordinators (nationally, regionally and locally) regarding student requests for internship and experience placements
12. Manages mailings of Placement Confirmation Messages/Letters for 192+/year for full time internships, and approximately 48-96/semester for part time clinical experiences.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Four years full time secretarial experience or equivalency, word processing and spreadsheet software skills and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
Knowledge of business writing preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.