University of Utah Director, Executive Education in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 12/14/2020
Requisition Number PRN24918B
Job Title Administrative Director
Working Title Director, Executive Education
Job Grade I
FLSA Code Executive
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday through Friday. Requires some evenings, weekends, and travel as needed to meet client needs.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00033 - Executive Education
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 103700 to 150000
Close Date 01/29/2021
Open Until Filled No
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Director of Executive Education is responsible for contributing to all aspects of the growth and delivery of Executive Education at the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business, including open enrollment programs, custom corporate programs, certificate programs, and non-degreed online programs.
This position requires a highly motivated leader who will provide leadership and oversight over all Executive Education offerings and services and manage all aspects of the sales, development, implementation, and delivery of these offerings. The person in this position will be responsible for contributing to and meeting departmental revenue goals. This role is 50% selling and 50% leading/directing the Executive Education team.
The Director is responsible for selling and directing custom and open enrollment programs for corporate clients and generating a sustainable ongoing revenue stream of over $5 million in annual revenue over the next few years.
• Set strategic direction for the organization, create and implement innovative, new program initiatives, and advance technology-enhanced learning.
• Advance regional and national strategy through program portfolio growth, innovation, and strategic alliances.
• Create a business development plan for Executive Education programs, which includes operational plans and quantifiable goals for sales and revenue generation.
• Lead partnership initiatives to establish strong relationships with corporate executives, business leaders, and other organizations to expand upon existing collaborations and increase enrollment/revenue.
• Manage client projects to ensure high levels of client satisfaction, including oversight of proposal development, instructional design, program delivery, and follow up.
• Ensure client renewals by continuously enhancing the quality of service delivered and proactively identify new opportunities for expanding client partnership.
• Actively manage CRM (Salesforce) processes, dashboards, data analysis and sales pipeline, status of the business, and forecast revenue, with direct P&L responsibility.
• Represent Executive Education within the University of Utah and with external constituents, including key clients.
• Ensure alignment of all areas of the organization, including corporate outreach, program portfolio management, technology-enhanced learning, service operations, finance, and human resources.
• Build and nurture relationships with faculty and administrative departments and identify and leverage opportunities for collaboration.
• Oversee and supervise staff. Recruit, hire, train, direct daily activities, and develop team to ensure accurate and timely customer service and service delivery.
• Manage the work of staff members and provide appropriate feedback and performance reviews. Oversee direct and indirect sales to achieve business plan revenue and sales goals; develop annual sales plans.
• Oversee all office operations and develop appropriate processes and procedures to ensure efficient delivery of services.
• Ensure all personnel transactions within the assigned units are performed in compliance with University policy and procedure.
**The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, clinical field, or related area, or equivalency; nine years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, staff management, and effective communications skills required.
Completion of hospital provided supervisory training within one year of employment may also be required.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• MBA or other appropriate master’s degree or higher. Applicants with an MBA degree from the David Eccles School of Business will receive top priority.
• A deep understanding of business and business school academic disciplines including accounting, entrepreneurship and strategy, finance, management, marketing, operations, and information systems, and more.
• Proven strategic thinking, business development, relationship marketing, consultative selling, and negotiating skills.
• Record of exceeding sales revenue and growth goals, relevant experience in proposal development, outstanding understanding of business-to-business sales, and proven knowledge of business functions and business strategy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, due to significant recruiting and public relations components of the role.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with key business decision-makers and the ability to manage those relationships through the short and long term buy cycle.
• Ability to develop and adjust strategies, build budgets, work collaboratively with other university and external teams, and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to diagnose strategic business problems of prospective clients and synthesize those needs into proposals to provide customized solutions and secure business.
• Ability to create proposals and budgets and present them to clients to close sales and to meet revenue goals.
• Entrepreneurial drive and the desire to help build a much stronger Executive Education business to achieve the department mission.
• Exceptional strategic leadership and management skills with the ability to attract, motivate and retain a committed team with business development and ongoing customer satisfaction responsibilities.
• Ability to delegate, set clear direction, and manage workflow.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills with the ability to train staff and develop others’ expertise.
• Collaborative, collegial individual who enjoys working with diverse populations, with the ability to foster teamwork among staff members and with faculty; and to have high energy, enthusiasm, and creativity.
• Outstanding abilities to communicate with senior executives and decision-makers in person and writing.
• Ability to act as an effective liaison between internal and external constituencies to meet program goals.
• Customer service-oriented, with a history of exceeding client expectations.
• An extensive network of contacts inside and outside the state of Utah is a plus.
• Previous CRM (Salesforce) experience is a plus.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.