University of Utah Development Coordinator, Executive Education in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/10/2018
Requisition Number PRN16870B
Job Title Coordinator, Project
Working Title Development Coordinator, Executive Education
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday through Friday. Requires some evenings and weekends to support classes or clients.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00033 - Executive Education
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 21.50
Open Until Filled Yes
The University of Utah David Eccles School of Business (DESB) Executive Education delivers world-class executive education and custom solutions to businesses both within and outside of Utah. Executive Education is a revenue-generating unit within theDESB, with a fast-paced, professional, customer focused and results driven culture.
This position requires a highly motivated team member who will be part of the operations team and will focus on selling and supporting the programs offered by Executive Education. In order to generate interest and assist with client commitments, the candidate’s responsibilities include following-up on leads, making business development calls, prospecting, developing relationships with clients and participants, upselling the Executive Education programs, and class planning and logistics.
• Using a consultative approach, the Development Coordinator is required to develop value propositions for Executive Education. Overall, strategic thinking, people skills, experience with professional audiences and consultative sales skills are critical to success in the role.
• This position requires a significant amount of time prospecting open enrollment participants by making development calls, sending informational emails, building personal relationships, pre and post class participant communications, and maintaining the sales database.
• Reach out to class participants and clients, assist with writing proposals, investigate client opportunities and generate new business leads.
• Actively manage and report on the program pipeline, status of the classes, entries into Salesforce, and forecast revenue, therefore attention to detail is necessary.
• Assist with planning, implementing and ensuring quality of class days by communicating with and making appropriate arrangements for the faculty, as well as arranging logistics for the participants. This includes classroom reservations, snack and meals, IT and equipment, course materials, classroom set-up and clean-up and any issues related to participant needs for class.
• Serve as a resource for class participants to answer questions and advise on issues associated with all components of the program.
• Willing to work flexibly according to client needs and deadlines, which may include occasional evenings and/or Saturdays.
• Perform other job-related duties or requests as assigned.
**The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Six years related experience or equivalency (1 year of college education is equivalent to 2 years of related work experience). Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required. Bachelor’s degree in a related area is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• The ideal candidate will have significant interpersonal and effective communication skills with leads, prospects, and clients, over the phone, as well as in-person and through e-mail.
• Ability to work independently, pay close attention to detail and provide excellent customer service while maintaining high quality standards.
• Strong sales experience with knowledge in learning and development, training, corporate relations, executive or professional education
• An understanding and working knowledge of Salesforce or otherCRMprograms
• A true enjoyment of relationship building, engaging in the discovery process, and aligning learning solutions with leadership challenges is critical to success in this role
• Listening to client’s needs and translating them into learning solutions
• Collaboration, high energy, enthusiasm, and creativity
• Excellent problem solving ability combined with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Very strong organization skills and attention to detail. The candidate needs to be organized, flexible, detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Be a collaborative, collegial individual who enjoys working with diverse populations and being a member of a team
• Strong computer literacy skills required and the ability to learn new software
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.