University of Utah Data Architect in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 03/01/2019
Requisition Number PRN19757B
Job Title Data Architect
Working Title Data Architect
Job Grade G
FLSA Code Computer Employee
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Generally, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Must be willing to work in Salt Lake City, not remotely.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 01323 - Utah Education Policy Center
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range commensurate with experience
Open Until Filled Yes
Apply your technology skills to make an impact on today’s critical education issues as a Data Architect for the Utah Education Policy Center (UEPC). Help us provide timely, high-quality, data-driven analyses by creating and managing data infrastructure, processes, automation, and tools. We are looking for a new team member to help theUEPCaccelerate and scale our capabilities and put information in the hands of local, state, and national leaders and policy makers.
- Collaborates with analyst and technical resources to instrument data intake and transformation processes with robust automated quality controls.
- Automates common and criticalUEPCoperational processes to maximize team productivity and agility.
- Delivers high quality projects on time with optimal design architecture, coding, unit tests, and documentation.
- Supports team members to ensure established goals and delivery deadlines are met.
- Writes and maintains documentation of our technology systems including documentation for users and supporting technical content in Request for Proposal (RFP) responses.
- Sql expertise and relational database design.
- Experience withETLprocesses and reporting software applications such as MicrosoftSSIS,SSRS,SSAS, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Programming experience to supportETLprocesses.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex technical requirements into functional software using best practices and high quality code.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, study teams, and project managers.
- Excel at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages for high efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalency in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, or other related scientific/engineering field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience and a proven track record in Sql. relational database design.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with priorURSservice, may elect to enroll inURSif they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits fromURSare subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.