University of Utah Crew, Special Events in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 10/30/2020
Requisition Number PRN24644B
Job Title Crew Leader, Special Events
Working Title Crew, Special Events
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
6:00am to 5:00pm Tuesday through Friday, plus events.
6:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Thursday, plus events.
VP Area President
Department 00842 - Rice-Eccles Stadium
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $12.02 to $16.00/h DOE
Close Date 01/30/2021
Open Until Filled No
The special events crew under general supervision performs work as needed to clean, maintain, setup/teardown equipment and prepare for events at the Jon M Huntsman Center, Rice-Eccles Stadium and occasionally other campus locations. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, ensures all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
· Conducts all cleaning duties including vacuuming of carpets, sweeping and mopping floors, trash pickup and removal, cleaning of toilets and urinals, cleaning windows, shining mirrors, cleaning walls and trash cans, cleaning arena seats, dusting furniture, etc.
· Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down tables, chairs, athletic equipment, barricades, staging, bike rack, canopy tents, other furnishings and equipment.
· Provide operational support during events. This includes cleaning and restocking restrooms, cleaning up spills, removing trash, operating spotlights, tearing down and setting up equipment, etc.
· Control and organize housekeeping equipment including but not limited to brooms, mops, buckets and wringer, toilet brushes, garbage bags, push brooms, cleaning cloths, gloves, mask and cleaning solutions, etc.
· Assist with post event cleaning including sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming and restroom cleaning.
· Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage of equipment and property, loss of property and equipment and safety concerns promptly to supervisor, manager and director.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Two years custodial experience; one year previous experience in portable stage construction and set up experience; and demonstrated oral and written communications skills along with customer service skills required. Previous supervisory experience, and some knowledge in carpentry, electronics, etc., preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The preferences listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Driver’s license needed.
· Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
· Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
· Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the equipment and proper use and care of hand power tools.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
· Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
· Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
· Ensure and follow safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
· Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
· Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.