University of Utah Coordinator, Project in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/04/2019
Requisition Number PRN19293B
Job Title Coordinator, Project
Working Title Coordinator, Project
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01944 - Vascular
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 21.63
Open Until Filled Yes
Oversees the procedural matters related to an ongoing project or program in an assigned area. Provides administrative support to senior department personnel.
1. Provides administrative support to upper level department management by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and conferences and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
2. Creates, maintains, updates and revises schedules and calendars as necessary. Creates call schedule and works closely with division chief to edit.
3. Coordinates procedural matters regarding the day-to day operations of academic, research or administrative projects.
4. Arrange for scheduling and reimbursement of fellow/faculty travel to regional/national/international meetings, conferences, and other collaborations.
5. Answers administrative phone line, taking messages, acting as the public “voice” of the faculty.
6. Manages the agendas for external guests and interviewees (research visitors, fellow/faculty candidates, other visitors).
7. Assists department with business planning and goal setting.
8. Assists with the implementation of department and University policies and procedures.
9. Maintains budget records, such as reconciling accounts and preparing expenditure statements.
10. Collects, organizes and analyzes data for specialized reports.
11. Assists with planning, coordination and details for special programs including conferences, educational seminars, forums, receptions, social activities, etc.
12. May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, research materials, and outreach publications.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Six years related experience or equivalency (1 year of college education is equivalent to 2 years of related work experience). Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required. Bachelor’s degree in a related area is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Excellent communication skills, including writing.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with priorURSservice, may elect to enroll inURSif they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits fromURSare subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.