University of Utah Coordinator, Office Support in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 03/26/2021
Requisition Number PRN25587B
Job Title Coordinator, Office Support
Working Title Coordinator, Office Support
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Regular Business Hours
Flexible arrangements available upon discussion
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00217 - RMCDS
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 20.00 to 28.08
Open Until Filled Yes
Provides support and assists with the overall administration of assigned department programs. Coordinates the support staff activities within a department. Assists with financial planning, goal setting, policy and procedures planning and implementation. Oversees the usage and maintenance of departmental resources. Provides support to our national and international partners.
Category IIA : Not required on campus and able to telework.
1. Advises director on appointments, policies, procedures, deadlines for promotion, retention issues. Coordinates activities of the same with their research office, development, and administrative obligations.
2. Responsible for department personnel administration and related budget matters, personnel planning and forecasting, and hiring and firing of clerical/secretarial staff. Responsible for the delegation of assignments and workloads, and solving problems.
3. Records, monitors, and verifies required data and information into information systems.
Oversees operations of the office in terms of directing assignments of department staff. Handles confidential information such as files, records, and correspondence (composing of letters, memos, and minutes.). Coordinates meetings and appointments for key department personnel.
4. Acts as a liaison between the department and other offices and agencies both on and off campus.
5. Acts as a liaison between the department and other offices and agencies both nationally and internationally.
6. Prepares special reports when needed by either department, university administration, or outside agency upon approval.
7. Assists with yearly budget preparation and recommends increases for staff members and allocation of funds.
8. Reviews and edits research grant proposals by faculty to improve organization, grammar, clarity, etc. Coordinates assembly of materials prior to submissions.
9. Acts as a resource for staff regarding matters related to and concerning University Policy and Procedures.
10. Prepares invoices and deposits for proper income and outgoing accounting, and records information in to appropriate database.
11. Provides customer services to multiple international and national partners and potential clients.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in a related area and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and effective communication skills required. Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize conflicting deadlines. Ability to work independently, analyze, and make decisions to provide support to internal and external customers.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Equivalent Experience or Bachelors Degree Strongly Preferred
A Good Work Ethic
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.