University of Utah Coordinator, Administrative Program in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/05/2018
Requisition Number PRN17402B
Job Title Coordinator, Administrative Program
Working Title Coordinator, Administrative Program
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
8-5 M-F, some occasional evenings & weekends
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 01683 - MSIS PROGRAM
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 31600 to 58400
Open Until Filled Yes
We are seeking motivated candidates with skills in database/CRMmanagement, marketing and relationship building who want to find a rewarding and challenging job working with prospective graduate students at the David Eccles School of Business.
The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah educates just over 3800 students, with approximately 20% enrolled in our graduate business programs. The school of business offers 11 different graduate programs from traditional “fifth year” programs such as the MS Finance or MS Information Systems to the two-year full-timeMBAprogram.
Our Graduate Admissions team handles outreach, marketing and admissions for the following programs:
• MS Information Systems (MSIS)
• Graduate Certificate in Information Systems (GCIS)
• MS Business Analytics (MSBA)
• Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics (CGBA)
• BS/MSISJoint Degree Program
The Admissions Coordinator will provide support for the Graduate Admissions Team with the David Eccles School of Business. Primary areas of responsibility include:
•Application Processing / Database andCRM30%
•Marketing and Outreach 10%
•Counseling and application guidance / relationship building / selling benefits 25%
•Supervising GA team for assigned programs 10%
•Supervising GA central processes for our admissions team 10%
1. Counseling and advanced application guidance to prospective students seeking information about our graduate programs. Interaction with prospects can be via a variety of means including e-mail, phone, walk-in, appointment and recruiting events.
2. Coordinating with Program Directors and Program Advisors to ensure superior service to prospects, applicants and enrolled students.
3. Application processing and coordination of file review procedures. Our coordinator will lead the process to involve alumni and student ambassadors in admissions activities. Maintains exceptional understanding and mastery of the numerous application processes and policies. Assists program directors with file and applicant assessment.
4. Works closely with undergraduate advising office in recruiting from undergraduate programs and partnering on ways to increase service to this group of potential applicants.
5. With minimal direction, assists the Director of IS Programs with planning and execution of recruiting, marketing and other related events to increase the quantity and quality of applicants and enrolled students.
6. Assists in selection and supervises training for our team of Graduate Admissions Assistants. Our Graduate Assistants are student ambassadors and are essential in responding to inquiries and coordinating marketing efforts. This position takes the lead on “global” process such as scheduling office hours, training and coordination of the master event schedule.
7. Assistance to the Graduate Admissions Team in the management of the prospect and applicant database. This includes updating of prospect and applicant data in our database and use of the database to effectively provide service to our applicants. Creates and runs reports out of our database without supervision and analyzes results.
8. Responsible for analysis of current process and suggesting improvements as needed to continually make our team more efficient and providing better service those we serve.
9. Experience in higher education and /or admissions is not required and should not inhibit an applicant with the above skills and interests from applying.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one year directly related experience or equivalency required. Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze and make decisions related to program content. Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize conflicting deadlines. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
ADDITIONALKEYSKILLSANDPREFERENCES– in addition to the position requirements, applicants with the following experience and skills will be considered competitive applicants.
1. At least two years’ experience:
• Working with an online application and/or database/CRMsystem
• Succeeding in a customer-facing, service-oriented position
2. Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, find creative solutions and troubleshoot technical challenges
3. Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate an environment that involves complex processes and policies and manage organization of processes including documentation of process
4. Strong coordination and organizational skills / ability to prioritize work load
5. Superior written, verbal communication and presentation skills to 1) communicate with prospects in a professional, warm and expert manner and 2) present information at prospect events such as application workshops and information sessions
6. Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point. Superior knowledge of excel is a must.
7. Demonstrated ability to be successful in a fast paced work environment, handle multiple requests and responsibilities simultaneously
8. Ability to work in an environment that changes rapidly and demands a flexible and “let’s try it” attitude.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.