University of Utah Computer Professional CCTV Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/29/2018
Requisition Number PRN17312B
Job Title Card Access Technician
Working Title Computer Professional CCTV Specialist
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm depending on departmental needs.
VP Area President
Department 01893 - Records & Data Management
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 15.19 - 27.45
Open Until Filled Yes
Provides for the design, programming, testing, installation, operation and maintenance of the Campus access control and video surveillance systems.
1. Designs camera installations and layout to accommodate surveillance needs for various University departments.
2. Selects the appropriate hardware, software and other components needed for the engineeredCCTVsystem. Coordinates the equipment and supplies to meet project schedules.
3. Makes recommendations on software functionality improvements onCCTVand security systems.
4. Maintains certification on campusCCTVsystems
5. Maintains awareness on new products as they are released and makes recommendations to the Building Access Supervisor on adding products to the list of approved hardware.
6. Maintain accurate records of preventative maintenance on access control andCCTVsystems.
7. Responds to questions from users and provides training on camera software for all levels of University administration, faculty, staff and students.
8. Operates and assists in the maintenance of a very specialized computer based security system, capable of detecting intrusion alarms, card access and other functions as dictated by campus
9. Assist in the resolution of software related problems in the CCure access and security system.
10. Assist in system configuration of events and schedules to accommodate individual departmental needs.
11. Generate access and system activity reports as requested.
12. Coordinate with University Electronics shop to help facilitate quick and efficient customer maintenance requests.
13. Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment. Reorders according to established departmental guidelines.
The technician has full authority for projects assigned by taking them from design through to final installation, testing and maintenance.
The incumbent will be exposed to problems that are new to the electronic security field and he/she will be on the leading edge in discovering and solving these problems.
This position is designed for campus wide use and the incumbent may work in assignments where security andCCTVequipment are located in specialized applications. Incumbents in the position must be able to pass a full background investigation by the appropriate agency and may be re-investigated at any time. Failure to pass the background investigation at any time is cause for termination. The incumbent must be available for twenty-four (24) hour emergency service on critical equipment.
Associate degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Television Science, or a related field or equivalency; plus four years experience with C-Cure systems or equivalency required.
A broad background consisting of television systems of high industrial or broadcast quality; telecommunications systems, including telephone, microwave, satellite, coax, and broadband systems; computer systems includingUNIXNetWare,DOS, batch files, PC hardware, software, and tape back-up systems; programming within Unix Shell as well as all aspects of networking and network security; and security systems including analog, digital encryption, multiplexing, access systems, card scan & proximity also required.
Must have a strong ability to deal with people, both internal to the University community with external contacts, including engineers, consultants, and sales personnel. The ability to work under pressure of multifaceted requirements imposed by academic and engineering staff and accomplish objectives with a minimum of supervision; and demonstrated effective communication and human relation skills are also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.