University of Utah Clerk in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 08/08/2018
Requisition Number PRN08387N
Job Title Clerk
Working Title Clerk
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week up to 19 hours per week
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday to Friday 12:00pm-5:00pm depending on departmental needs.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00366 - Purchasing - Campus
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 10.50 to 15.35
Provides routine office support. Reviews and processes documents and requests for information, maintains files, enters data and distributes mail.
1. Reviews and processes applications, requisitions and related forms; reviews them for accuracy and completeness; ensures compliance with University and department policies, procedures and regulations.
2. Answers inquiries that may result in a search for records.
3. Performs reports by gathering and assembling data.
4. Maintains filing systems by determining the most appropriate filing category.
5. Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail
6. Answers, screens and routes incoming telephone calls.
7. May receive payments and prepare receipts for routine fees and bills and verify the collected monies against cash register tapes and statements.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
One year of general office experience, or equivalency; effective communication skills, and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required.
A hiring department may require a minimum typing ability.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Available from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Microsoft Office experience.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.