University of Utah Bereavement Care Assistant (Work-Study) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/11/2017
Requisition Number PRN06467N
Job Title Clerk
Working Title Bereavement Care Assistant (Work-Study)
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 10-19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Hours will fluctuate depending on departmental needs and student’s schedule.
Is this a work study job? Yes
Department 00987 - CON CLINICAL AFFAIRS &FAC PRAC
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 9.62 to 10.00
The applicant must be a currently enrolled University of Utah student with an accepted Work-Study Financial Aid award for the current year. Work-Study award status may be viewed throughCISon the Financial Aid Status page.
Provides routine office support. Reviews and processes documents and requests for information, maintains files, enters data and distributes mail.
1. With exceptional courtesy for the population we serve, respond to requests for information and participation in grief group programs.
2. Assist with offering information on other community resources.
3. Accurately assess prospective participants for appropriate group program.
4. Understand high-risk grief situations and refer emergencies to director immediately.
5. Accurately take messages for program staff and respond to bereavement calls.
1. Process intake hospital death log requests for bereavement follow-up
2. Maintain accurate intakes of group participants.
3. Maintain group census for records, facilitators and staff.
4. Update and maintain database of all participants, facilitators, funders and newsletter recipients.
1. Routine typing for newsletter and program correspondence
2. Order supplies as needed.
3. Logging of intake calls.
4. Timely report of personal hours worked.
1. Room setup on group nights.
2. Greeting participants on initial group session (if schedule permits)
3. Additional services at events (Seeds of Remembrance, Grief and the Holidays
etc) if schedule permits.
1. Routine processing of group fees, receipts from sales, and supplies.
2. Maintain monthly financial records.
1. Respect for program and dedication to program service population.
3. Accuracy (word processing and spreadsheets).
4. Good team member.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
One year of general office experience, or equivalency; effective communication skills, and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required.
A hiring department may require a minimum typing ability.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job posting is only available to University of Utah students who have been awarded a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year. Please login toCISand go to the Finance/Financial Aid section to view your Financial Aid Status. If you have not received a Federal Work-Study Award, then do not complete and submit this application. Before hire, this employer will confirm that you have received a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year.
Special Instructions Summary
Applicant will need to provide a copy of their current school schedule.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.