University of Utah Associate Instructor in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 11/27/2018
Requisition Number PRN08749N
Job Title Associate Instructor
Working Title Associate Instructor
Job Grade A00
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15 - 40 hours per week
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Half day courses run from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm or 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
Full day courses run from 9 am – 3 pm or 9 am – 4 pm.
All hours will take place Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00173 - Continuing Ed & Comunty Engmnt
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range Dependent on Experience
Youth Education’s Associate Instructor is responsible for developing and facilitating weekday class programming in the subject area.
Youth Education is looking for high school instructors to teach intensive language classes for interested students. These classes are for highly motivated students to earn a year’s worth of high school credit over summer vacation. Our ideal instructors are currently teaching these classes and can adapt their yearlong classes to fit in an intensive summer schedule. We are currently hiring Spanish and Chinese instructors.
Want to make a real difference in the life of a child while working in a creative, forward-thinking organization? Continuing Education’s Youth Education offers a great summer experience right on the campus of Utah’s flagship university. Join us and be part of a fun, dynamic team that enriches the lives of children.
- Responsible for creating and teaching curriculum (with approval) for assigned classes or other assigned programs
- Responsible for classroom and behavior management
- Be courteous and maintain good public relations with parents
- Responsible for safety and welfare of students
- Assisting with maintaining and keeping supplies and equipment in good condition or alerting Youth Education of defective equipment
- Keep classroom and surrounding area neat and clean
- Be familiar and follow through with Youth Education policies
- Responsible for buying supplies or checking out existing supplies
- Other duties may be assigned
- At least two years of teaching experience and college graduate
- Knowledgeable about subject area content (i.e. Spanish or Chinese)
- Ability and desire to work in a temporary work-setting
- Demonstrate good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Bachelor’s degree in the subject area
- Current teacher within the Salt Lake Metro area
- Self-directed, punctual, and highly organized
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.