University of Utah Associate Instructor - Hourly in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 01/29/2018
Requisition Number PRN07662N
Job Title Associate Instructor - Hourly
Working Title Ticket Office Specialist
Job Grade A00
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week Various; based on events
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Morning shifts or events only.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00842 - Rice-Eccles Stadium
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $8.00/h
Ticket sales and customer service for Utah Athletics sports and other events.
1. Collects money and returns change to customers.
2. Counts money collected during shift, balances it with tickets or items sold, and submits to supervisor for review.
3. Provides directions and answers general questions about parking permits and policies, merchandise, events, etc.
4. Opens and closes facilities at beginning and end of shifts.
5. Cleans work area by sweeping floors, wiping off machines and counters.
6. May assist at special events.
7. May perform clerical tasks such as answering phones, responding to mail, or filing.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
High school diploma highly preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.