University of Utah Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Salt Lake City, Utah
Proposed Faculty Rank Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
Department 00041 - Accounting Department
Track Tenure Track
New Position to Begin TBD
The University of Utah School of Accounting is seeking to fill two tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Professor in Accounting, pending funding and University approval. We will consider any area of specialization.
JOBQUALIFICATIONS: Doctorate required. Minimum three years prior faculty experience preferred. Commitment to research and teaching excellence is required.
GENERALINFORMATION: The University of Utah has a lot to offer, including:
• An excellent group of research colleagues
• Outstanding support for research, including access toCRSP,COMPUSTAT,TAQ,IBES,SDCand Value Line data, as well as several other databases through Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) and here at the University of Utah. In addition, the college has a dedicated behavioral research laboratory
• A teaching load of 3 semester courses for research-active faculty
• A very collegial environment, including a great relationship with our Finance and Management departments
• An active research environment, including a workshop series and the annual Utah Winter Accounting Conference
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• A great place to live (Salt Lake City has been rated the #1 place to live in North America in the Places Rated Almanac).
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. To inquire about the University’s nondiscrimination or affirmative action policies or to request disability accommodation, please contact: Director, Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Circle, Rm 135, (801) 581-8365.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Employees with priorURSservice may elect to enroll in theURSwithin 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits fromURSmust notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information. This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Special Instructions for Candidates
Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position will remain open until filled. To be considered, initial application should include letter, C.V., research papers, and evidence of teaching effectiveness. Completed application must also include three letters of reference.
Open Date 02/20/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Requisition Number PRN00226CF