University of Utah Analytics and SEO Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 11/06/2020
Requisition Number PRN24691B
Job Title Marketing Analyst
Working Title Analytics and SEO Specialist
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 01442 - Web and Interactive Marketing
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $39,300.00 - $60,000.00
Open Until Filled Yes
Supports the web team in structuring and maintaining tracking conversion data along with optimizing website properties for SEO best practices. Makes recommendations on best ways to communicate and structure web analytics in addition to monitoring all websites to maintain above-basic SEO functionality. Cross collaborates with other marketing and communications department teams to provide integrated reporting for departmental KPIs.
This position is considered Category IIA : Not required on campus and has the ability to telework remotely for the duration of the University of Utah’s response to COVID -19. An employee hired into this role will be responsible for providing space, telephone, printing, networking and/or internet capabilities at the telecommute location and agree to the terms of the University of Utah campus and Health Academics COVID -19 Telecommuting Agreement.
• Maintains tracking dashboards for determined KPIs in Google Data Studio.
• Monitors and regularly reviews industry trends and changes in search algorithm updates.
• Provides in depth keyword research when necessary.
• Confirms meta description, meta title, internal, and external linking best practices and assists in creation where necessary.
• Monitors site speed and other technical SEO functions to assess and improve website capabilities.
• Assists in client management via data presentations.
• Presents data or represents manager at meetings when necessary.
• Constructs keyword strategies for site rankings as necessary.
• Monitors branded keywords and phrases.
• Conducts competitor analyses as necessary.
• Supports and collaborates with content specialists in relation to content creation and maintenance.
• Collaborates with web developers on technical SEO aspects.
• Manages Google local search listings as possible.
• Educates clients on best SEO practices.
• Assists internal community of web support persons with analytics reports and comprehension as necessary.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related area of assignment or equivalency; two years of related experience. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
In the case of hospital positions, previous health care experience is preferred.
This position has no responsibility for providing care to patients.
• 1-3 years SEO optimization experience
• Working knowledge of SEO and SEM
• Working knowledge html
• High level MS Excel proficiency
• Presentation and reporting skills
• Quantitative skills and ability to manipulate large sets of data
• Follows through on assigned tasks
• Able to construct reports
Experience with the following tools:
• Google analytics
• Google data studio
• Google tag manager
• Google search console
• MS Office (Excel, teams, etc.)
• Experience in Drupal
• Experience with tools like Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, Moz, ahrefs, and others
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.