University of Utah Adult Learner Academic Program Coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 11/29/2018
Requisition Number PRN19074B
Job Title Coordinator, Administrative Program
Working Title Adult Learner Academic Program Coordinator
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Some nights and weekends as needed
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00173 - Continuing Ed & Comunty Engmnt
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $36,000 - $40,000
Open Until Filled Yes
Coordinate with Continuing Education and Community Engagement (CECE) staff, U administration, and University academic departments to facilitate the creation and delivery of Return to the U and other pathway programs designed for the adult learner.
The incumbent will report to the University Pathways Senior Director.
Please note, this is a funding-limited position. Current funding has been approved through June 30, 2019.
1. In collaboration with U administration and academic departments, develop new pathway opportunities for the post-traditional adult students that removes barrier to success and creates an efficient path to graduation
2. Participate in researching and developing multi-year course for-credit and noncredit pathway offerings designed for the post-traditional adult student to return to the U. Assist in reviewing and revising the plan and coordinating with academic departments and University administration as necessary
3. Initiate and participate in contact meetings betweenCECEadministration and academic department personnel, and University administration departments as needed (Deans, Department Chairs, Coordinators, Office Support Professionals, Admissions, Registrar,UIT, etc.)
4. Collaborate withCECEprogram specialists and academic departments to locate and approve instructors, assist in compiling course materials, and obtain final departmental and other required approvals on courses
5. Coordinate with CECE’s program specialists to ensure courses are assigned appropriate classrooms and all course offering and fee information is accurately entered into PeopleSoft
6. Develop course evaluations in collaboration withCECEadministration and program specialists for each Return to the U course
7. Collaborate with U administration, specifically Admissions, and theCECEmarketing team to identify potential students and develop a marketing plan to reach those students
8. Work closely with Academic Advising and Student Success Advocates to create a plan to support and coach these students through their programs
9. Work closely with the otherCECEProgram Specialists and Program Managers to coordinate tasks and develop a team-oriented approach to completing work responsibilities
10. Provide excellent customer service to instructors, students and departments, handle phone and walk in traffic, provide registration information, and take care of problems or complaints
11. Be available to adult learners at a variety of locations on-campus, Sandy, and other locations as necessary
12.Other related duties as assigned
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one year directly related experience or equivalency required. Demonstrated ability to work independently, analyze and make decisions related to program content. Strong coordination and organizational skills required to prioritize conflicting deadlines. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Familiarity with the University Utah’s academic departments and degree major/minor and general education requirements
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.