University of Utah Admissions Customer Service and Welcome Center Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/11/2018
Requisition Number PRN17775B
Job Title Manager, Program
Working Title Admissions Customer Service and Welcome Center Manager
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Exempt. Typical work hours will be 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This position is required to work some early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00295 - Office of Admissions
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $34,000-38,000
Open Until Filled Yes
The Admission Customer Service and Welcome Center Manager is a member of the Campus Experience team within the Office of Admission. This position is responsible for the management of the Office of Admission Information Center, as well as the management of the Office of Admission Welcome Center and front desk operations. This position also provides support for the entire office in providing customer service and assistance to prospective and admitted students. In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Campus Experience, the Manager of Admission Customer Service directs the work of the Admission Assistants who receive phone calls and email inquiries and staff the Welcome Center front desk. This position also provides support for the rest of the Campus Experience Team as necessary.
1. Manages all aspects of the Admission Information Center including but not limited to: day to day operations, employee work schedules, prioritizing daily work activities, managing assessment and evaluation for the center, and recommending changes.
2. Ensure timely execution of the Welcome Center operations logistics including, but not limited to: scheduling front desk coverage; visitor check-ins; opening and closing of the Welcome Center; ordering of supplies; cleanliness and maintenance of front desk, lobby, guest beverage space, and presentation space.
3. Provides Human Resources support by hiring employees, overseeing and implementing training procedures, supervising staff, evaluating performance and initiating disciplinary action.
4. In conjunction with the Campus Visits Manager, this position will be expected to develop budgets congruent with the Office of Admission recruitment strategies/goals and work with the allocated budget. Be able to justify expenditures with appropriate documentation, as well as research, identify, and propose cost savings measures. Maintain budget expenses for campus visit and Welcome Center activities and monitors purchases to ensure compliance or all University fiscal policies, oversees billing accuracy and coordinates timely processing of all invoices.
5. In conjunction with the Campus Visits Manager, design and maintain a system for detailed visit and Welcome Center management information (visit plans and schedules, budgets, partner contacts, post-event analyses, timelines, assessments, front desk operations, etc.) to maintain quality and consistency of work and monitor the status of activities and assignments.
6. Works with campus partners, as well as the Office of Admission Systems, Recruitment, and Marketing staffs to coordinate and manage multiple calling campaigns throughout the year.
7. Acts as liaison between the Office of Admission staff and prospective students including but not limited to updating and maintaining student records, communicating admissions criteria, and removing holds. Serves as a resource to identify, research and resolve problems and complaints.
8. Researches and evaluates processes, policies and procedures by analyzing data, implements necessary changes, and conducts trainings and professional development sessions as needed.
9. Maintains inventory of all admissions recruitment supplies and makes or recommends purchases.
10. Represent the Office of Admission at meetings and events. Build and maintain professional working relationships campus partners, vendors and other stakeholders. Work collaboratively with other units, as appropriate, to support student services, enrollment and retention at the University.
11. Participate in trainings, meetings, committees and other duties as assigned to support the Office of Admission.
12. Provide support and serve as back up to the Campus Visits Manager.
13. Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years of related experience or equivalency. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Demonstrated management experience in customer service. Previous experience in an admissions office welcome center, student union operations, hospitality management or other customer service organizations. Experience in call center management and operations preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to take initiative, be resourceful, and perform with minimal supervision. Ability to motivate, train and work with diverse individuals and groups within the office, university, and event industry. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in courteous, professional, and timely manner. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks with a high degree of competency, accuracy, and attention to detail. Ability to make effective administrative and procedural decisions and judgments. Strong skills in problem solving, multi-tasking, public relations, and customer service. Detail orientated with demonstrated skills in effectively anticipating and organizing work priorities to meet and manage multiple pending deadlines and priorities. Ability to adapt quickly, efficiently and with tact and diplomacy to changing priorities and creatively solve problems. Possess a valid driver’s license at time of employment.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.