University of Utah Admissions Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 09/07/2018
Requisition Number PRN08482N
Job Title UU Student - Other
Working Title Admissions Assistant
Job Grade SJ
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Flexible – Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, dependent upon student school schedule. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00295 - Office of Admissions
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $10.50 per hour
The Office of Admissions is seeking Admissions Assistants to staff our Admissions Information Center. Admissions assistants are tasked with supporting in the recruitment and success of our students by being the primary point of contact for incoming calls, emails, letters and special requests related to recruitment and general questions for the office. The ideal candidate will be able to speak enthusiastically about the University of Utah from the view of a student, and is motivated to assist current and prospective students.
• Answer phone calls and e-mails from current and prospective students
• Participate in annual admitted student day program
• Other recruitment, clerical and office duties as assigned
• Must be a current University of Utah student
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong writing ability (may be asked to provide a writing sample)
• Strong speaking/phone skills
• Able to relay complex information to a variety of people
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software systems
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to think creatively
• Must have aGPAof 2.5 or better
• Experience and/or interest working in a customer service related field
• Experience and/or interest working in a call center environment
• Commitment of 15-20 hours per week
• Ability to work in a minimum of 3 hour shifts
• Preference will be given to those with availability on Monday and Wednesday
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.