University of Utah Administrative Officer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 09/24/2018
Requisition Number PRN18469B
Job Title Administrative Officer
Working Title Administrative Officer
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40 hours/week
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00070 - College of Fine Arts-Dean
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $45,000 - $50,000
Open Until Filled Yes
The Dean’s Office in the College of Fine Arts is seeking an experienced administrative professional to serve as an Administrative Officer. The Administrative Officer will handle administrative matters and provide direct support for the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Student Affairs and the Undergraduate Student Affairs Team.
1. Handles administrative matters regarding day-to-day operations and procedures of the College of Fine Arts
• Provides administrative support to upper-level College management by scheduling appointments for the Undergraduate Affairs Team, including the Associate Dean, coordinating meetings, taking minutes, and disseminating information
• Supports the Associate Dean with filing and student records (electronic & hard-copy)
• Prepares correspondence, including composing routine letters and memos
• Copy edits and formats documents as needed
• Coordinates the Create Success communication campaign (createsuccess.utah.edu)
• Edits theCFAwebsite related to Undergraduate Student Affairs
• Serves as “back-up” to other administrative support staff in the Dean’s Office
2. Monitors budgets and expenditures to ensure limitations are not exceeded
• Aids the Associate Dean with Undergraduate Affairs budget
• Organizes events and student conferences (e.g. ArtsForce,SAC,ELC, & Orientation), ensuring costs are within budget and payments are processed
3. Coordinates details such as purchasing activities, personnel actions, document control, account coding for financial transactions and overseeing the maintenance of departmental records
• Oversees the College of Fine Arts Scholarship program, including using Academic Works and the Scholarship Administration systems
• Provides administration of the CFA’sFAFGrants Program (including process, notification, shepherding of files, final reports, etc)
• Assists with hiring and payroll of student interns
4. Reviews changes in university policy, federal regulations and contractual requirements and coordinates implementation procedures
• Provides support for the Associate Dean with the student petition process
• Aids the Associate Dean with curriculum process administration for the College, specifically with catalog changes and advising resources
• Provides assistance with data collection, compellation, and interpretation for the College
5. May assist in developing College procedures as needed
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Three years experience that includes specific involvement in maintaining complex financial records, developing and monitoring departmental budgets and preparing related reports; and demonstrated organizational, human relation and effective communication skills.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required. Familiarity with University of Utah policies and procedures, as well as U of U business systems preferred. A successful candidate will have:
• Strong organizational skills that include the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
• Attention to detail
• Advanced computer skills and the ability to learn new software programs quickly
• Ability to work independently and effectively, at times under pressure and with demands from various staff members
• Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional maturity, and discretion
This individual will coordinate work processes with other departments and must understand the objectives and policies governing the activities of the College, as well as be able to effectively communicate this information to interested parties.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.