University of Utah Administrative Officer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 09/10/2018
Requisition Number PRN18319B
Job Title Administrative Officer
Working Title Administrative Officer
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00229 - Gastroenterology
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 31600 to 51,699
Open Until Filled Yes
We are looking for a professional, positive contributor to join our team of administrative professionals in the Division of Gastroenterology. This position provides complex administrative support and coordination for the Division Chief and other leadership.
1. Handles the administrative matters regarding day-to-day operations and procedures of a University department.
2. Maintains accounts and billings.
3. Prepares income statements and financial reports.
4. Assigns costs and analyzing alternative line items.
5. Monitors budgets and expenditures to ensure limitations are not exceeded.
6. Makes budgetary recommendations and adjustments.
7. Projects cost estimates and writing assigned portions of grant proposals. May provide supervision over staff members including hiring and salary recommendations and/or decisions.
8. Coordinates details such as purchasing activities, personnel actions, document control, account coding for financial transactions and overseeing the maintenance of departmental records.
9. Reviews changes in university policy, federal regulations and contractual requirements and coordinates implementation procedures.
10. May develop departmental procedures as needed.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Three years experience that includes specific involvement in maintaining complex financial records, developing and monitoring departmental budgets and preparing related reports; and demonstrated organizational, human relation and effective communication skills.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Moderate to advanced computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and strong ability in Excel preferred.
• Demonstrated strong coordination and organizational skills.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.