University of Utah Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 02/01/2019
Requisition Number PRN19537B
Job Title Administrative Assistant
Working Title Administrative Assistant
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; occasional evenings and weekends
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00166 - College of Social Work
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 15.19 to 21.62
Open Until Filled Yes
Provides administrative and clerical support to College of Social Work Academic Advising Team. This position requires extensive collaboration with colleagues, significant attention to detail, and high-quality customer service to students as well as campus and community partners. This position requires some event planning.
• Greet students/visitors
• Assist with questions regarding how to schedule an appointment, how to reach an advisor, or if an advisor is available for walk-in help
• Answer basic questions regarding dates/locations/deadlines/times of events
• Perform administrative duties associated with Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) (through On Base) and Master of Social Work (MSW) admissions applications (Apply Yourself)
• Serve as a ‘power user’ for On Base and Apply Yourself, and manage any needed updates to application systems for bothBSWandMSW, in collaboration with advising director, program directors, and Office of Admissions
• Manage collection and processing of student fees
• Maintain student email lists
• Create and help manage electronic student files
• Archive student files in accordance with University policy
• Collaborate with team to plan and schedule a variety of events, such as program orientations, Social Work Career Prep Series, and admissions workshops
• Manage set up, clean up, and logistics of advising/student services-related events, as well as food and materials orders
• Assist students with graduate tuition benefit and serve as a graduate tuition benefit resource for students, staff and faculty
• Schedule meetings and take minutes
• Manage purchasing card
• Assist Advising Team director with management of Advising Team funds and processing/documentation of purchase requests
• Help student groups with fund requests
• Provide student-related information for College of Social Work reports
• Contribute to data collection and assessment of academic advising
• Complete additional tasks as assigned
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with priorURSservice, may elect to enroll inURSif they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits fromURSare subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.