University of Utah Academic Program Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/27/2018
Requisition Number PRN17646B
Job Title Academic Program Manager
Working Title Academic Program Manager
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Executive
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday through Friday, 8-5pm
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 01683 - MSIS PROGRAM
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 39300 to 72700
Open Until Filled Yes
The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah educates just over 3800 students, with approximately 20% enrolled in our graduate business programs. The business school offers 11 different graduate programs from traditional “fifth year” programs such as the MS Information Systems or MS Business Analytics to the two-year full-timeMBAprogram.
We are looking to hire an Academic Program Manager (team lead) for one of the graduate admissions teams within the David Eccles School of Business. Reporting to the Director of IS & Business Analytics programs, this individual will lead admissions activities and outreach efforts for the following programs:
•MS Information Systems (MSIS)
•Graduate Certificate in Information Systems (GCIS)
•MS Business Analytics (MSBA)
•Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics (CGBA)
•BS/MSISJoint Degree Program
The Academic Program Manager will participate in and supervise a team of Admission Coordinators who are responsible for the following activities:
•Application Processing / Database andCRM30%
•Marketing and Outreach 10%
•Counseling and application guidance / relationship building / selling benefits 25%
•Attending grad fairs and hosting alumni and admitted student events 10%
•Helping to cultivate partnerships with partner institutions 15%
•Conducting information events for prospective students 10%
1. Lead by example on all admissions related functions.
2. Mentor junior team members in conducting activities necessary to reach the admissions goals of the assigned programs.
3. Counseling and advanced application guidance to prospective students seeking information about our graduate programs. Interaction with prospects can be via a variety of means including e-mail, phone, walk-in, appointment and recruiting events.
4. Coordinating with Program Directors and Program Advisors to ensure superior service to prospects, applicants and enrolled students.
5. Application processing and coordination of file review procedures. Our coordinator will lead the process to involve alumni and student ambassadors in admissions activities. Maintains exceptional understanding and mastery of the numerous application processes and policies. Assists program directors with file and applicant assessment.
6. Works closely with undergraduate advising office in recruiting from undergraduate programs and collaborating on ways to increase service to this group of potential applicants.
7. With minimal direction, assists the Director of IS Programs with planning and execution of recruiting, marketing and other related events to increase the quantity and quality of applicants and enrolled students. This includes attending graduate school fairs and arranging information sessions at local and international schools and hosting events for admitted students and alumni.
8. Assists the graduate admissions team in the management of the prospect and applicant database. This includes updating prospect and applicant data in ourDBMSandCRMsystems.
9. Responsible for analyzing the current process and suggesting improvements as needed to continually increase efficiency and customer satisfaction.
10. Experience in higher education and /or admissions is required.
11. Domestic and international travel will be required (Up to 50%)
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area plus three years of experience in budget, grant and program management or equivalency required. Develops and implements program ideas into successful academic and research programs; demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.