University of Utah Early Childhood Classroom Assistant - FHC in Farmington, Utah
Open Date 07/25/2018
Requisition Number PRN08317N
Job Title Classroom Assistant
Working Title Early Childhood Classroom Assistant - FHC
Job Grade A
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
M-F, schedule varies
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00291 - Child Care & Family Resources
City Farmington, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $9.50
The University of Utah Farmington Health Center (FHC) offers a full range of medical services for families. This center is conveniently located near Station Park in the Community of Farmington, Utah.FHCin collaboration with the U of U Center for Child Care and Family Resources is seeking to hire qualified child care providers for their drop-in child care facility. Come join our team!
For this position, no previous child care experience and/or education in Early Childhood is required. Candidate must demonstrate an interest in learning about child development and guidance. Demonstrated human relation and effective human relations skills are also required.
1. Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care.
2. Provide appropriate activities.
3. Communicate effectively with professionals, parents and children.
4. Extinguishes, or lessens inappropriate behavior and redirects children to appropriate actions by applying Positive Child Guidance techniques to help children learn to manage their own behavior in a Positive manner 5. Assists children with physical necessities, medical emergencies, etc. to give proper care and, where appropriate, facilitate development.
6. Keep accurate records of client’s program usage.
7. Maintains a healthy and safe environment for children by sanitizing materials daily, and operating within guidelines.
8. Promotes leadership skills within a classroom team.
9. Demonstrate the ability to work independently, but show a willingness to take direction from the supervisor
10. Must be warm, energetic and enjoy working with young children (18 mo. to 8 years of age)
This is an entry-level position. Training will be provided. Must demonstrate an interest in learning about child development and guidance; a willingness to take direction from the assigned teacher; willing to obtain a food handlers permit, TB test, Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) background check, first aid training are required. Demonstrated human relation and effective human relations skills are also required.
Department Specific Qualifications
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Exhibits physical stamina necessary for daily interaction with young children
• Must be able to lift small children (15-50 lbs.)
• Must be able to carry small children in arms for short distances
• Must meet physical characteristics (with or without the use of aids): including fine motor skills
o Sufficient vision to read printed material
o Sufficient hearing to hear normal and telephone conversation
o Ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversation
• Must be able to move about on hands and knees and sit on the floor with children
• Must demonstrate effective communication with professionals, parents and children
• Must demonstrate an ability to work independently but show a willingness to take direction from the supervisor
• Must be warm, energetic and enjoy working with young children (18 mo. to 8 years)
• Must have an interest in learning about child development and guidance
• Must be willing to obtain first aid training
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.